21st September, 2016
Aviva, along side the Road Safety Authority and An Garda Siochana are proud to support this year’s European Day Without A Road Death. The project was set up by TISPOL, the Traffic Police network in Europe, to encourage drivers across Europe to be more mindful of the possible risks they face on the roads everyday and to make September 21st a death free day on European Roads.
Aviva are encouraging all Irish road users to be more vigilant by wearing their safety belts and not speeding, drink driving or using a mobile phone while driving.
Passengers, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians are also asked to be mindful of any increased risk they pose.
TISPOL is asking everyone to spare a few moments and think about what they can do to improve Road Safety. To make your pledge you can visit the TISPOL website here: https://www.tispol.org/edward.
I promise that I will:
- Remind my family, friends and colleagues to take extra care on the roads.
- Put my lights on for safety.
- Drive as safely as I can and follow the rules when behind the wheel or riding a motorbike or bicycle.
- Be extra vigilant and attentive to the needs of pedestrians, cyclists, children, older people and horse riders.
- Drive at speeds that are both legal and safe.
- Pay particular attention when driving near schools, and where there are lots of children.
- Never drive after drinking alcohol or taking drugs/medicines that could impair safety.
- Look as far ahead as possible and not tailgate other drivers
- Always wear my seat belt and ensure that everyone with me wears theirs.
- Not use my mobile phone while driving.
- Ensuring I am not distracted by anything inside or outside the car, or inside my head.
- Set a good example to my passengers by driving calmly and safely.
Please join Aviva and TISPOL in making our European roads safer today and everyday.