It can be difficult to think of that perfect present for someone, year after year. Maybe you don’t want to gift a material present this year, but a present that is an experience to be remembered. Learning to drive is a milestone in a person’s life, something that opens them up to a world of opportunities. Why not be the person to give them that opportunity this Christmas?
Here are some things that you need to know before buying driving lessons. Learner Drivers:
- Must be 17 years of age or over
- Will need to have completed & passed the Driver Theory Test
- Must hold a valid Irish Learners Permit
- Should have a parent/guardian with an active Aviva motor insurance policy to activate the accompanied learner driver cover
Aviva Driving school offers 3 distinct packages: Level One (Educate), Level Two (Achieve) and Level Three (Decision), each expertly designed to help our pupils reach their driving goals. Our driving packages cater to all levels of driving experience, because our philosophy is ‘safer driving for life’. Our level One package is designed for learner drivers.
Level One – Educate - €499 - Meeting your EDT minimum requirements
This level is for new learner permit holders (L-Plate drivers) wishing to fulfil the EDT (Essential Driver Training) requirement, which is a mandatory training course providing the fundamental driving skills to learner drivers.
- We offer a 13-lesson programme that provides basic driver training under Essential Driver Training (EDT) requirements. This includes an introductory lesson to the requirements of EDT as well as your mandatory 12 EDT lessons.
- This programme also includes 6 months Free Accompanied Driver Cover on a parents or guardian’s existing Aviva private motor policy, to help with EDT practice between driving lessons.
At Aviva Driving School, we take many steps to ensure our customers receive the absolute best standards for their lessons. You can be confident in knowing that your gift will bring the following value to the recipient:
- All our driving instructors are approved by the Road Safety Authority.
- After every lesson, the learner can ask the instructor for a progress report. These are available at no extra cost.
- The Essential Driver Training lessons log will be updated on the RSA portal at the end of each lesson.
- The instructor will inform the learner when they are at driving test standard and when they should apply for their driving test.
- The learner can request learner driver lessons on any topic they choose.
- The learner driver can request pre-test lessons focusing on their individual training needs such as parallel parking, hill starts and night driving.
Passed your driving test years ago? Have a quick refresher of the things people often forget when they’ve been driving for some time, here.
To discuss the insurance options available to safely get a learner on the road, contact us on 1890 40 50 80 . You can also visit our website for further information on Aviva car insurance.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Aviva Insurance Limited, trading as Aviva, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules. Registered Branch Office in Ireland No 900175. Registered Branch Address One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Registered in Scotland No 2116. Registered Office Pitheavlis, Perth, PH2 0NH.