Aviva gives you great discounts if you insure a second car with us. With our Aviva MultiCar option you can insure an additional car with us and get 25% off the premium. Below we answer some questions that customers frequently ask.
- How do I get the MultiCar discount?
- Is the Aviva MultiCar discount available on more than 2 insurance policies?
- Do car insurance renewal dates need to be the same to avail of Aviva MultiCar?
- Does the renewal date have to be the same for all policies?
- How does the no-claim discount work with Aviva MultiCar?
- Can the Aviva MultiCar payments be split so each vehicle policyholder can pay their own car insurance premium?
- Will I get one set of documents for all policies?
- Am I able to tailor the cover for each vehicle under an Aviva MultiCar policy?
- How will my Aviva MultiCar saving be calculated?
- What is the basic excess?
- If one vehicle availing of the MultiCar policy has a claim will it affect the no-claim discount on the other policies?
- What do I do if I already have more than one existing motor policy with you and want to get the MultiCar discount?
While you’re getting your online car insurance quote, we will ask you the following question: ‘Does any other member of your household currently have a Private Car policy with Aviva Direct?’
Simply answer ‘Yes’ to get our MultiCar discount. Please note that at a later stage we will ask you for the policy number of the other Private Car policy in your household.
Yes. This discount is available on up to five additional policies per household.
No, we can give you a car insurance quote for the second car even if the existing Aviva policy has a different renewal date. Once the renewal is due on the second car insurance policy the discount will be applied.
No, the renewal dates will not change.
If there are two or more drivers in your household insured with Aviva Multicar, then each policyholder will retain their existing no claims discount, if applicable, subject to a minimum premium of €280.
6. Can the Aviva MultiCar payments be split so each vehicle policyholder can pay their own car insurance premium?
Yes, the car insurance premium can be paid for each individual policy. It can be paid by monthly direct debit or by annual credit or debit card payment.
No, you will get individual sets of documents for each policy.
Yes. Each policyholder can tailor their main car insurance cover options, excess and any optional extras on their policy.
If there is more than one Aviva Direct car insurance policy in your household, we will give a discount of 25% on the second and any subsequent cars. All vehicles must be owned by members of the same household and registered at the same address.
Each vehicle on an Aviva MultiCar policy has an excess. You can choose the excess separately for each car insurance policy. For vehicles with comprehensive car insurance cover the standard excess is €300, but you can choose to reduce this to €125 for an additional premium.
11. If one vehicle availing of the MultiCar discount has a claim will it affect the no-claim discount on the other policies?
The no-claim discount would only be affected on that particular vehicle.
12. What do I do if I already have more than one existing motor policy with you and want to get the MultiCar discount?
If you already insure more than one vehicle with us on separate policies you can transfer to a MultiCar policy if you call us when one of your vehicles comes up for renewal. In certain circumstances it may be cheaper not to avail of our MultiCar discount. We can advise on the best option for you.