Sponsorship of Aviva Stadium extended to 2025
Aviva Ireland continues its support of the home of Irish rugby and football
Aviva Ireland today announced the extension of its naming rights of the Aviva Stadium until 2025. The company, which has been a proud partner to the IRFU and FAI since 2010, also sponsors and supports two successful grassroots programmes – the FAI’s Soccer Sisters programme and the IRFU’s Mini Rugby Festivals. Both play an important role in the development of the two sports and encouraging the participation of over 7,500 children, every year.
“The Aviva is an Irish icon, one of the world's great stadiums. It is the home of many Irish victories and wonderful sporting drama”, said Mark Wilson, Group CEO of Aviva. “We are delighted to extend our sponsorship for a further five years and continue our successful association with the FAI and IRFU in support of Irish football and rugby."
Welcoming the announcement, FAI CEO, John Delaney, said: “It is fantastic for the Football Association of Ireland to extend our partnership with Aviva Ireland and maintain that connection with the home of Irish sport. Since the Aviva Stadium was redeveloped, we have enjoyed some terrific days there with our Republic of Ireland teams, Men’s and Women’s domestic Cup Finals, international club games, and numerous grassroots events. This shows that our national stadium caters for all levels of Irish football.
“We can be extremely proud of Aviva Stadium being considered amongst the best stadia in Europe, which is why UEFA chose it to host the 2011 Europa League Final and for four games at EURO 2020. We look forward to working with Aviva Ireland, the staff at Aviva Stadium, and the IRFU over the next five years as we continue to provide the best possible experience for our supporters, stakeholders, and partners.”
IRFU CEO Philip Browne commented: “Aviva has been a great supporter of Irish Rugby over the past eight years and we look forward to further developing our partnership in the years to come. Aviva continues to make a significant investment in the grassroots of our game supporting the growth of our minis programme, as well as supporting the national team and of course the home of Irish rugby, the Aviva Stadium.”
Stadium Director, Martin Murphy said: “We are delighted that Aviva has renewed its sponsorship of the Aviva Stadium. That it has done so early is testament to the success of the partnership and the important role the stadium plays in Irish life, playing host to sporting and music occasions as well as business events and conferences. We are continuously working to evolve the stadium and are delighted that Aviva has agreed to continue its investment in this significant element in Ireland’s sporting and cultural infrastructure.”
Commenting on the announcement, Aviva Ireland CEO, John Quinlan, said: “As a company with a strong Irish heritage, we are committed to investing in Irish sport across all levels. Our announcement today is not just about the naming rights of the Aviva Stadium, it is also about ensuring that we support the development of rugby and soccer in Ireland. Inspiring young children and nurturing future sporting heroes is at the heart and soul of the sponsorship. Both the IRFU and the FAI have been great to work with over the past eight years. We have witnessed some truly memorable moments - we look forward to being a part of many more on the hallowed turf.”
Since it opened on May 14th 2010, the Aviva Stadium has hosted more than 140 major events attended by over 7 million people, while the Aviva Stadium’s Community Fund has given out over €1 million in grants to more than 70 community groups in the local area.
Cathy Herbert +353 87 239 5393
Yasmin Saleh +44 (0)7800 694 312
Notes to editors:
- Aviva Ireland provides retirement income, life cover, protection, general insurance, and investment and savings products to almost 1million customers
- We employ 1,150 people across our three locations in Dublin, Galway and Cork.
- We are one of Ireland’s largest insurers and part of Aviva Group, which has to 33 million customers, across 16 markets in Europe, Asia and Canada
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £475 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here.
- Follow us on twitter
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.