Cleaning up your home or business after a flood can be a lengthy and traumatic experience.
To talk immediately to an experienced Claims Handler, call 1890 666 888, we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Please have your policy number to hand when you call.
If you suspect that your home may be flooded during extreme weather conditions take some precautionary measures to protect your valuables.
- Ensure that drains & gutters are clear from any debris.
- Move furniture, rugs, electronics and other belongings upstairs.
- Shut off electricity at the breaker panel.
Below are some practical tips on how to restore your home in a safe way after a flood:
- If your home has been affected by flood, take emergency steps to limit any damage. Contact a reputable builder immediately to arrange emergency repairs or boarding-up.
- Photos of the damage should also be taken if possible before any emergency repairs are carried out and retained by you until the claim has been settled.
- Once you are certain that the building is safe to enter, make sure that the gas, electricity and any fuel taps are turned off.
- Wet or damaged items can be lifted or removed from your home, BUT do not dispose of any damaged items until your claim has been settled or these items have been inspected. Store in a shed, attic, skip or outhouse.
- Dehumidifiers can be used to dry out walls and ceilings.
Remember, if you have a question about your cover, you can call our Customer Service Team in Galway on 1890 33 55 77, Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm.