Terms and Conditions
1. This offer (“Offer”) is provided by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited (“Aviva”). If an existing Aviva home insurance customer, whether alone or with a spouse or partner (collectively and separately referred to as “you” and “your” as appropriate) switches their mortgage protection policy to Aviva and renews their home insurance policy with Aviva, we will give that customer back the equivalent of 50% of the home insurance renewal cost (“Home Protect Rebate”).
2. To be eligible for the Offer, you must be an existing Aviva home insurance customer and take out an Aviva mortgage protection policy with a start date on or after 13 November 2017. Your home insurance must be up for renewal as the offer only applies at renewal and does not apply mid-term. The Home Protect Rebate is available only on the Aviva home insurance policy that is held on the same property as your Aviva mortgage protection policy (each an “Eligible Policy”). Eligible policies must be issued to the same postal address and the payee details of each must be the same.
3. The Offer applies to customers who purchase their policies directly from Aviva and does not apply to broker or other intermediary customers.
4. The Offer is not available to existing Aviva mortgage protection policy holders.
5. Mortgage protection is subject to acceptance criteria and minimum premium of €15 per month.
Aviva Home Protect Rebate:
6. To avail of the Home Protect Rebate you need to have submitted an application for a mortgage protection policy with Aviva within 30 days of your Aviva home insurance policy renewal due date.
7. Customers will receive their 50% Home Protect rebate within 30 days of (i) their Aviva home insurance policy being renewed; or (ii) their Aviva mortgage protection policy being incepted, whichever is the latter.
8. For customers who pay their Aviva home insurance in full this will be a one off payment.
9. The Home Protect Rebate will be lodged into the account from which your Aviva home insurance premium is paid. If you have paid by credit card, the Home Protect Rebate will be refunded onto the credit card. If the credit card has expired a cheque will be issued.
10. For customers who pay their Aviva home insurance by monthly direct debit the remaining monthly payments will be reduced from inception of the mortgage protection policy so that the entirety of the Home Protect Rebate due is refunded before the end of the Aviva home insurance policy term. Aviva will issue a revised payments schedule to reflect the reduction. Where the rebate value due is greater than the balance of your remaining payments a sum will be lodged into the account from which your Aviva home insurance premium is paid.
11. The Offer will be applied net of any other discounts that you receive.
12. This is a once only offer and applies in the first year of your new Aviva mortgage protection policy.
13. The Home Protect Rebate is not applicable to mid-term adjustments.
14. The terms and conditions of the this Offer are governed by Irish law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Offer shall be dealt with exclusively by the Irish Courts.
15. You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in the Offer.
16. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Offer or any of the terms or conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
17. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Home insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Mortgage protection is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited.
What offer is available?
Existing Aviva home insurance customers who switch their mortgage protection policy to Aviva will be entitled to 50% back on the cost of their Aviva home insurance renewal premium.
The offer is subject to acceptance criteria and terms & conditions.
Is the offer available to customers who pay for home insurance via direct debit?
Yes the offer is available to customers irrespective of the chosen payment method.
Does the mortgage protection have to be transferred within 12 months?
Yes, you must transfer your mortgage protection policy to Aviva before your next Aviva home insurance policy renewal is due – this is a one time only offer.
Is there a cooling off period for mortgage protection?
Yes, there is a cooling off period of 30 days during which time you may decide to cancel your mortgage protection policy.
2. Mortgage Protection
What’s the benefit of switching mortgage protection providers?
What’s the benefit of switching mortgage protection providers?
We all like to save on our outgoings, but like many homeowners, you might not have thought about switching your mortgage protection provider. Which means you could be missing out on a better deal with Aviva.
Our mortgage protection cover is designed to give you maximum peace of mind, by providing life assurance protection linked to your mortgage.
And with 50% back on your home insurance when you renew, there’s never been a better time to switch your mortgage protection to Aviva. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Mortgage protection is subject to minimum premium of €15.
If you switch to Aviva you will also benefit from Best Doctors® Second Opinion. This benefit is available exclusively to our mortgage protection customers and provides access to the world’s best medical experts if you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
What information do I need to get a quote for mortgage protection from Aviva?
You’ll need to know the balance due and the length of time remaining to pay your mortgage, along with the dates of birth and smoker status of the lives to be covered.
How long will it take to transfer my mortgage protection?
Once you complete a proposal form, either in paper format or via our Signature Free Offering, your case is submitted to underwriting. If there are no underwriting requirements, your policy could be available within hours. However if further information is required, the underwriting process can take longer and will depend on the speed at which all underwriting requirements are fulfilled.
Will I have to do a medical?
Maybe – before taking on any risk, Aviva’s underwriters look at various factors including the sum assured, term of policy along with personal details including smoker status, height, weight, lifestyle, hobbies and medical information.
Will I need to contact my current provider to cancel my policy?
Our advisors will discuss with you the best way to cancel an existing policy to ensure that you have no break in cover.
3. Home Insurance
What saving is available on home insurance?
If you switch your mortgage protection policy to Aviva on or after 26th October 2017 you will be entitled to 50% back on the cost of your Aviva home insurance policy renewal. This offer is only available to existing Aviva home insurance customers.
How do I avail of this offer?
To avail of this offer you will need to have your Aviva mortgage protection policy in place with Aviva. The name of the insured on your Aviva home insurance policy and Aviva mortgage protection policy must be the same to avail of the offer.
If your new Aviva mortgage protection policy is in place, and you need to renew your home policy you can contact our home renewal team on 1890 33 55 77.
If you need to speak to us about moving your mortgage protection policy to Aviva you can contact one of our advisors on 1890 909 001.
I already get a discount on my home insurance as I have a car insurance policy with Aviva. Am I still eligible for this offer?
Yes. You will still get 15% off your home insurance policy if you have a car insurance policy. We will then apply the 50% back offer to the net cost of your home insurance.
Will I get the offer if I renew my home insurance online?
Yes you can still avail of the offer if you renew your home insurance online. However you will need to contact us by telephone to discuss switching your mortgage protection. You can call our advisors on 1890 909 001.
What happens if I make a mid-term adjustment to my Aviva home insurance policy?
The Home Protect Offer is only applicable to a renewal of your home insurance policy.
Can I get this offer on more than one home insurance policy?
This is a one time offer. It is available on any home insurance policy where the mortgage protection policy is for a home with the same address.
Back to top