How do I start my Specified Illness Claim Process?
You can check your policy terms and conditions and see if the illness you have is covered on your policy. If it is covered or you are unsure that you are covered you can contact our claims team through a few different channels:
|Phone||Call our dedicated claims team on 01-7756412. We are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.|
|Post||Risk Claims Team, Aviva Life & Pensions, One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.|
Once you get in touch with us by phone, email or post our team will guide you every step of the way. We look at every claim individually and are here to help you.
What information will we need or ask for?
Here are the details we need to know:
- Policy Number
- The nature of your illness
What happens next?
If the illness you are claiming for is covered we will send you a claim form for completion.
- If claiming for Cancer or Heart related conditions, we will issue you with two forms for completion.
- A Claim Form for you to complete some basic details i.e. name address, details of your diagnosis and doctors you have attended.
- A Medical Certificate Claim Form for completion by your treating doctor.
- We will make a decision on the information completed on the forms. In some cases we may look for supporting evidence from your doctor but we will keep you informed.
For all other covered illnesses once the claim form has been returned to us we will write to the doctor for a report.
Once claim is settled we will pay by Electronic Fund Transfer.