Are you planning on having a few of your friends over this weekend to watch the match? Check out our match day inspired recipe!
Roasted garlic and cannellini bean game-day dip
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Use your fingers to peel away all the loose outer layers of skin from the head of garlic. Leave the head intact with all of the cloves connected.
- Trim about ½cm off the top of the bulb to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Drizzle the olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic, letting the oil sink down into the cloves.
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil and roast for 40-45 minutes or until one of the centre cloves is completely soft when pierced with a paring knife. Allow to cool, then squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their papers.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted garlic with the ingredients for the dip. Whizz together until completely smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the dip to an oval serving bowl and place in the fridge for one hour. To serve, pour fresh basil pesto along the dip in stripes to resemble a rugby ball. Serve with fresh green vegetables for dipping.
213kcals, 7.2g fat (1.1g saturated), 29.1g carbs, 1g sugars, 10.3g protein, 10.6g fibre, 0.028g sodium