Home Protect Terms
Terms and Conditions
- This offer (“Offer”) is provided by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited (“Aviva”). If an existing Aviva home insurance customer, whether alone or with a spouse or partner (collectively and separately referred to as “you” and “your” as appropriate) switches their mortgage protection policy to Aviva and renews their home insurance policy with Aviva, we will give that customer back the equivalent of 50% of the home insurance renewal cost (“Home Protect Rebate”).
- To be eligible for the Offer, you must be an existing Aviva home insurance customer and take out an Aviva mortgage protection policy with a start date on or after 13 November 2017. In order to avail of this offer, you must switch your mortgage protection policy to Aviva either before your home insurance renewal or within five weeks after your home insurance renewal. The Home Protect Rebate is available only on the Aviva home insurance policy that is held on the same property as your Aviva mortgage protection policy (each an “Eligible Policy”). Eligible Policies must be issued to the same postal address and the payee details of each must be the same.
- The Offer applies to customers who purchase their policies directly from Aviva and does not apply to broker or other intermediary customers.
- The Offer is not available to existing Aviva mortgage protection policy holders.
- Mortgage protection is subject to acceptance criteria and minimum premium of €10 per month.
Aviva Home Protect Rebate
- To avail of the Home Protect Rebate you need to have submitted an application for a mortgage protection policy with Aviva within 90 days of your Aviva home insurance policy renewal due date.
- Customers will receive their 50% Home Protect rebate within 30 days of their Aviva mortgage protection policy being incepted.
- For customers who pay their Aviva home insurance in full this will be a one off payment.
- The Home Protect Rebate will be lodged into the account from which your Aviva home insurance premium is paid. If you have paid by credit card, the Home Protect Rebate will be refunded onto the credit card. If the credit card has expired a cheque will be issued.
- For customers who pay their Aviva home insurance by monthly direct debit the remaining monthly payments will be reduced from inception of the mortgage protection policy so that the entirety of the Home Protect Rebate due is refunded before the end of the Aviva home insurance policy term. Aviva will issue a revised payments schedule to reflect the reduction. Where the rebate value due is greater than the balance of your remaining payments a sum will be lodged into the account from which your Aviva home insurance premium is paid.
- The Offer will be applied net of any other discounts that you receive.
- This is a once only offer and applies in the first year of your new Aviva mortgage protection policy.
- The Home Protect Rebate is not applicable to mid-term adjustments.
- The terms and conditions of the this Offer are governed by Irish law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Offer shall be dealt with exclusively by the Irish Courts.
- You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in the Offer.
- Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Offer or any of the terms or conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
- Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Home insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC. Mortgage protection is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
What offer is available?
Is the offer available to customers who pay for home insurance via direct debit?
Does the mortgage protection have to be transferred within 12 months?
Is there a cooling off period for mortgage protection?
What’s the benefit of switching mortgage protection providers?
What information do I need to get a quote for mortgage protection from Aviva?
How long will it take to transfer my mortgage protection?
Will I have to do a medical?
Will I need to contact my current provider to cancel my policy?
What saving is available on home insurance?
How do I avail of this offer?
I already get a discount on my home insurance as I have a car insurance policy with Aviva. Am I still eligible for this offer?
Will I get the offer if I have renewed my home insurance online?
What happens if I make a mid-term adjustment to my Aviva home insurance policy?
Can I get this offer on more than one home insurance policy?
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Home insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office: One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E651.
Mortgage protection is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.