Personal Income Protection from Aviva will provide a monthly benefit if a policyholder is unable to work due to illness or injury.
Why you might need income protection cover?
How would you pay the bills if you were sick or injured and couldn't work? Income Protection is insurance cover that provides you with a replacement income if you are unable to work on a medium to long-term basis due to illness or injury. We pay out after a pre-determined time period as chosen at outset which can be either 4, 8, 13, 26 or 52 weeks - the longer the deferred period the lower the cost.
How does income protection cover work
Aviva will pay you if you are totally unable to carry out the essential duties of your normal occupation because of illness or injury, and you are not engaged in any other gainful employment or self-employment. You will be required to provide medical and financial evidence in support of your claim. If you continue to receive earned income, social welfare benefits, other income protection benefit, or ill-health retirement income they will be deducted from your claim. For some occupations we may offer an alternative definition of disability.
Income protection cover from Aviva at a glance
- Guaranteed premium – once accepted your premium cannot rise.
- Non-smoker discount.
- Up to 75% of earnings covered.
- Tax relief on premiums at 20% or 40%.
- Cover is available from €12,000 per annum to €250,000 per annum.
- You choose when your cover should end – Age 55, 60 or 65.
- Income Protection provides access to Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service at no extra cost – an exclusive service available to Aviva Protection customers.
- Under Personal Income Protection only, for an additional monthly premium, you can add-on Overseas Treatment Plan - a unique optional benefit available with selected Aviva Protection policies.
Terms & conditions
The above is intended as a brief summary of the product. For full details, please talk to your Financial Broker. Terms, conditions and qualification criteria apply.
|Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.|
|Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.|