Specified Illness Cover provides a lump sum payment on the diagnosis and certification of a specified illness as defined in the contract. The cover is available either a standalone or accelerated basis and can also be taken out with a conversion option.
Why you might need specified illness cover?
No one wants to think they’ll be struck down with a serious illness – but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and any time. If this happened to you, have you thought how you’d cope financially? How would your family manage? Could you afford to take time off work or pay for expensive medical treatment? These days there is a good chance of surviving serious illness because medical diagnosis and treatment has progressed so much. That’s why it’s worth considering an Aviva specified illness plan.
How does specified illness cover work?
Aviva will pay a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with one of the specified illnesses we cover, as long as you’re diagnosed during the term of the plan, your illness meets the definition in your policy and you’re eligible to claim. There are a number of ways that specified illness cover could help look after you and your family financially. You could use the lump sum provided to:
- make any necessary alterations to your home,
- invest for a regular income,
- pay for medical treatment and expenses, or
- help with your mortgage or other loans or bills.
Specified illness cover from Aviva at a glance
- Cover is available up to age 89.
- Premiums are guaranteed to stay fixed throughout your policy term unless you alter your policy.
- It provides access to Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service at no extra cost – an exclusive service available to Aviva Protection customers.
- For an additional monthly premium, you can add-on Overseas Treatment Plan - a unique optional benefit available with selected Aviva Protection policies.
- Children from the age of 30 days are also covered for specified illness cover.
- You can add indexation option to inflation-proof your cover.
- You have the option of adding Life Cover.
Terms & conditions
The above is intended as a brief summary of the product. Please note that all forms of particular illnesses are not covered. Your Financial Broker will be able to provide you with a copy of the Aviva specified illness definitions guide for a full listing of illnesses covered and their definitions. Terms, conditions and qualification criteria apply.
|Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.|
|Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.|