Updates from Aviva
As the country and indeed the world continues to deal with the impact of Covid-19 we want to assure our customers that we at Aviva are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our people and the continued delivery of service to our customers.
We will continue to listen to and follow the advice of the Irish government and the Health Service Executive.
Business continuity remains an important focus for us and we are taking measures to ensure the operational resilience of our business. Be assured that we have robust business continuity plans in place that we continue to invoke as required.
As the situation evolves, we expect there will be an impact on our service levels and our customers may experience some delays in getting through to us or in having their queries answered. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Our dedicated team will do their utmost to respond as quickly as possible.
We would encourage our customers, where possible, to make use of our online options to access any help they may need.
MyAviva is an online self-service portal available to all our existing home and car insurance customers.
- Home insurance customers can view their policy documents at any time, renew a policy online and upload outstanding documents like proof of No Claims Discount.
- Car insurance customers can view their policy documents at any time, renew a policy, make policy changes such as updating personal details, adding a driver or transferring cover and uploading outstanding documents like proof of f No Claims Discount.
We will continue to work hard during this challenging time so that we can be there for our customers when they need us most.
Aviva lights up Aviva Stadium for HSE
Aviva Insurance Ireland lit up Aviva Stadium, the iconic home of Irish soccer and rugby, in the corporate colours of green and red of the Health Service Executive (HSE) in solidarity with all frontline healthcare workers of whom we are asking so much during the Covid-19 crisis.
We are all intensely aware of the enormous demands that are being placed on all healthcare workers during this crisis and the risks that they are taking to help save lives. We hope that by lighting Aviva Stadium this evening in the HSEs colours, half red and half green will be a further showing of the gratitude and esteem in which we all hold them.Commenting Brian Mahon, Aviva Insurance Ireland
Supporting our customers
- Suspending car cover
You will be able to suspend your car cover if your car is off the road, subject to certain conditions.
- Cancellation of missed direct debit fees
We will not charge a missed direct debit fee.
- Home working – home insurance
We will continue to provide working from home cover to customers when they work from home. Cover is also extended to all home business equipment as standard up to the contents sum insured.
- Free courtesy car: provided to any HSE and Healthcare workers with an Aviva motor policy, if their car is involved in an accident. A courtesy car will be provided until the car is repaired.
- Priority repairs: claims for HSE and Healthcare workers will be prioritised for HSE and Healthcare staff who have an accident while working/commuting.
- Full Protected NCD Cover for Volunteers: Private Motor insurance use is extended beyond normal personal use for employees of the HSE helping within their community for voluntary purposes; e.g. to transport medicines or groceries to those in need, or to take those that may be ill or vulnerable to hospital or testing facilities.
- Free breakdown cover: (including Homestart) for HSE and Healthcare workers who have an Aviva motor policy, if their car breaks down.
- Priority service: for all HSE and Healthcare workers for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Free enhanced personal belongings cover: (€2000) for HSE and Healthcare home insurance customers if their belongings are lost/damaged/stolen while they are working/commuting (€500 single article limit).
- Free home emergency assist cover: for HSE and Healthcare employees with an Aviva home insurance policy.
Have a query? Contact forms for different types of policies and claims below:
Car insurance policies
Contact us through the online form below for queries relating to your car insurance policy.
Home insurance policies
Contact us through the online form below for queries relating to your home insurance policy.
Life & Pensions policies
Complete the form below for queries relating to a Life & Pensions policy, including those related to income protection, mortgage protection, savings and investments, and retirement products.
Car insurance claims
Contact us through the online form below for queries relating to car insurance claims.
Further advice and FAQs
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office: One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E651.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.