Aviva Approved Retirement Fund
Flexible options to invest at or after your retirement
What is an Approved Retirement Fund?
Approved Retirement Funds (often referred to as ARFs) keep your pension savings invested after you have retired while giving you the freedom to withdraw money as and when you need it. As the savings are still invested, their value may increase or decrease.
Aviva Approved Retirement Funds at a glance
Competitive and Transparent Pricing
A range of options to choose from, we offer great choice and value
We offer a wide range of investment funds to choose from
Single contributions from €20,000
View key policy information & access online tools
Principle features and benefits of ARFs
- Money from your pension is invested after you have retired so that it still enjoys the opportunity to grow.
- Every year Aviva can pay you a fixed percentage of your ARF (some limits apply) as an income.
- You have control over what your ARF is invested in.
- You can use your ARF to buy an annuity at any point in the future.
- In the event of your death, the value of your ARF is passed on to your estate.
Eligibility for an ARF
Your financial broker will advise you about the types of pension arrangements that can be paid into an ARF.
Is the Aviva ARF right for you
To invest in our Approved Retirement Fund you must be:
- Over 50 years of age and less than 85 years of age
- Using an eligible pension arrangement as the source of your contribution
- Resident in the Republic of Ireland
The Aviva ARF may suit you if you:
- Are retired and you have taken a retirement lump sum of up to 25% of the pension fund value and now wish to invest the remaining balance
- Are happy with the charges on this product and accept that the fund value could fall as well as rise
- Would like to take a regular withdrawal from the current fund value each year
- Are happy with the choice of funds available on the ARF
- Want to pass on the value of your ARF to your family when you die
The Aviva ARF may not suit you if you:
- Have taken a tax free lump sum of up to 1.5 times your final salary
- Are not happy with the charges on this product and are not comfortable with the fact that your fund could fall as well as rise
- Want regular guaranteed pension income to last you for your life
- Are not happy with the choice of funds on the ARF
- Want to take out an annuity when you retire
Tools & Calculators
How are your funds performing and where are they invested? Find out using our daily updated fund centre.
Want expert advice on pensions and retirement? Contact your Financial Broker today.
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
Important information to consider.
Warning: Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
Warning: If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest.
Warning: This product may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at Building 12, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, D18 W2P5. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.