Careers at Aviva
Aviva Group Ireland
There's more to a job than the results you achieve and the money you’re paid. At Aviva, we know that respect and recognition are just as important.
In our 300 year history, this is something that has stayed central to our company’s evolution. That is why you won't just find details of roles and careers on our site. You’ll also learn about the size, scope and diversity of the Aviva business, the huge number of opportunities open to you and the level of support we’ll offer to help you achieve everything you want to.
Aviva currently employ over 900 employees in Dublin, based between Hatch Street, Dublin 2, and in Cherrywood, Dublin 18. Functions include Marketing, Underwriting, Claims, Pricing and Shared Services.
Our office facilities include an onsite restaurant, and the Employee gym in Hatch Street and Aviva Running Club are available to employees based in Dublin.
Our Dublin office is based at One Park Place and is the Aviva Ireland Head Office. It is located within walking distance of the city centre, and a two minute walk from Harcourt Luas stop, with Cherrywood also located on the Green line luas stop of Brides Glen.
Aviva currently employ over 400 employees in Galway. Aviva Galway is responsible for our call centre for Direct sales and servicing and our Claims Excellence centre for motor and property. It is also home to our Digital Hub, with the mission to become the easiest insurer for our customers to do business with.
There is an onsite restaurant, active sports and social, local business discounts, free parking and community participation.
Aviva is the biggest employer in Knocknacarra and one of the largest on the west side of Galway city. The office is located near popular bus routes and 5 minutes drive to Salthill.
Aviva currently employ over 150 employees in our General Insurance and Life & Pensions Business in Cork. It is our National Underwriting Centre for Brokers for Commercial and Personal Insurances serving Brokers nationwide. It is also our Centre of Excellence for all Liability Claims.
In addition our Southern Sales Teams are based here along with other functions such as Engineering Services Risk Management compliance and Credit control. Our newly refurbished office and facilities are first class and include an onsite restaurant and free onsite parking.
Our Cork office is based in Cork Airport Business Park located on the outskirts of the city. The vibrant business park is easy to access just off the main South Ring Road and is well serviced by public transport.
Working with us at Aviva means that you can take advantage of the benefits that one of the world's leading financial services companies can provide. We offer a first-class package because we want to attract the very best people.
In Ireland we offer our employees some or all of the following:
- Competitive Salaries
- Pension & Life Cover scheme
- Generous staff discounts on Aviva products
- A broad range of learning & development opportunities
- Tax saver Bus & Rail/Cycle to work scheme
- Staff saving schemes
- Subsidised staff restaurant facilities
- Extremely active Sports & Social club
Aviva Group Ireland has a Professional Development & Education policy with the aim of attracting and retaining our employees while enabling them to become more knowledgeable and professional in their work.
Using Learning World from Aviva Group Ireland
All staff members have access to a state of the art on-line learning solution – Learning World from Aviva Group Ireland. This means that the most up-to-date learning tools will be available to all staff through our internal intranet system. The learning methods are interactive and involve simulations, case studies and skill-briefs. Each course has inbuilt tests to check understanding and provide the user with instant feedback.
- Customer service skills
- Personal Development
- Finance and Accounting
- Recruitment and Interviewing
- Call Centre Management
- IT Desk Top skills
- Management and Leadership Development
At Aviva, we recognise that all of our people have talent. We want to provide opportunities for everyone to develop their skills. It makes sense - to do the best for our customers, we need to be the best we can be.
If you join us here at Aviva, we'll help you reach your full potential. But you're in charge – our development initiatives can help you decide how you want to progress. How far you go is up to you…
Here's a quick guide to how we'll help you plan your development:
- You're a talented individual and we want to help you make the most of that, so we'll talk through your development priorities regularly
- We'll give you plenty of access to learning opportunities, both on the job and through structured learning
- We'll do whatever we can to help you make choices to build your career and shape your own future
- We'll give you honest, constructive feedback and formal performance reviews to help you grow
At Aviva, we place a strong emphasis on growth and development, giving everyone a fair opportunity to talk about their career plans and potential opportunities. As part of our performance management process we'll agree a development plan for you, to make sure you receive the right training and development.
We know our people need new experiences to achieve their full potential. We aim for effective development through our 70:20:10 ratio:
- 70% learning from experience (projects, assignments, moving within areas)
- 20% learning through others (feedback, coaching, mentors)
- 10% learning from instruction (formal courses, reading, online articles)
Our employees enjoy a number of development approaches, depending on what's appropriate for them at the time:
- New employees have access to an induction programme where they learn about our company, our values and our Corporate Responsibility programme
- We give our employees the opportunity to progress with professional studies to enhance their future career
- We offer a range of manager development programmes for newly appointed and existing people managers
- We use various training methods - development centres, 1:1 coaching , online learning and more
Our Privacy Notice
All current colleagues, including all current employees, workers, individual contractors, contingent workers, interns, agency workers, consultants, directors and third parties whose information is provided to us in connection with one of these relationships (e.g. next-of-kin, emergency contact information and dependents)
View our Aviva People Privacy Notice below to find out more.
Aviva Group Services Ireland Limited, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No.322579. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.