Safeguard your family’s financial security
If your family relies on your income or your role as a stay-at-home parent, how can you make sure they cope without you?
At Aviva, we strive to provide the best life insurance in Ireland to ensure your family can maintain their lifestyle, pay off debt, invest for the future or to generate income, pay for education or childcare, or manage living expenses.
If you need life cover for a mortgage or other loan, you can get a mortgage protection quote here.
We complete all the paperwork with a signature free process.2
Free accidental death cover
We provide free accidental death cover while your application is considered, at no extra cost.3
You get exclusive access to the Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service at no extra cost.
Flexible life insurance tailored for you
It’s not an easy thing to think about. That’s why we make our life insurance straightforward and easy to manage. Then once it’s in place, you can get back to living your life.
How to design your life insurance cover
- Choose the cash sum that your family might need if you die.
- Select the length of your policy – from 2 to 50 years.
- Decide if the money paid out should keep up with inflation.
- Include a ‘conversion option’ to let you extend your cover at any time before the expiry date of your policy.
- You can issue your policy 'under trust' so you can specify who will get the benefit on your death.
- You can assign your policy to a third party - useful if you borrow money.
Manage your policies online
24/7 access to view and manage your policy.
Aviva Online Service Centre
- View your policies
- Update your details
- Change bank details
- Submit a query
Life insurance articles
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
7 Sep 2020
What to do after a death checklist
The loss of a loved one can be a very difficult time. With this handy checklist find out the steps to take immediately following a death and the weeks subsequent.
29 Jul 2020
Do I need life insurance if I’m retired or an empty nester?
Even after you retire or your children are now financially independent, keeping your life insurance is still a good idea and here are the reasons why.
16 Jun 2020
How much life insurance do you need?
The amount of life insurance you need depends on your personal circumstances. Here are some things to consider before talking to a financial adviser.
6 Aug 2019
What is life insurance?
What is the difference between Life Insurance and Life Assurance? What Life Insurance Products are on offer from Mortgage Protection to Specified Illness cover.
26 Jul 2019
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
16 Jun 2020
What are the benefits of mortgage protection?
Want to learn more about mortgage protection – how it’s used and the benefits?
16 Mar 2020
COVID-19 and Aviva Life & Pension Ireland
To reassure you, no new COVID-19 restrictions have been applied to our protection policies and currently there are no plans to amend our acceptance criteria.
6 Sep 2019
What is Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service?
With Best Doctors® you receive a second medical opinion, so you can feel assured and fully informed about your condition and what it means for you and your family.
26 Nov 2019
What is a Life Insurance Lump sum?
There is great peace of mind in knowing whatever may happen to you, your children will be taken care of. Life Insurance pays out a lump sum.
16 Oct 2019
Mortgage Protection Jargon Explained
Buying your first home can be an exciting but confusing time. Read on for all mortgage protection jargon explained.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
Learn about the common myths about Mortgage Protection, so you can make informed decisions and get the best value for your money.
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Oct 2019
Why consider income protection insurance
How does income protection work? What are the benefits? Who can take out income protection? Find the answers to these questions.
We are experiencing high call volumes. If you are an existing customer and would like to communicate via email you can submit a query using the our online form:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Wednesday 10:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €165,000 for a person aged 31 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 10 year term, total amount €10.06. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2020.
2. This is available for policies up to a maximum sum assured of €1,000,000. Where applicable, any additional forms required for medical evidence will require a signature. Aviva reserve the right to request a signed application at any stage prior to policy issue.
3. This cover kicks in from the moment you send us a fully completed and signed application form and direct debit mandate. You get cover for accidental death up until we accept or decline your application. We will pay out the lower of the life cover amount being applied for and €150,000. We will only pay once under this benefit in respect of any life insured regardless of the number of life cover policies or applications for life cover a person has with Aviva.
4. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €170,000 for a person aged 31 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 25 year term, total amount €10.03. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2020.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Aviva Family Care Benefit (Workplace Options Counselling services), to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice. If we withdraw it, we’ll write to notify policyholders at least 31 days in advance of its removal.
Workplace Options Counselling and Carer Support Service (who provide the Aviva Family Care Benefit) is not a regulated financial service.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.