Safeguard your family’s financial security
If your family relies on your income or your role as a stay-at-home parent, how can you make sure they cope without you?
At Aviva, we strive to provide the best life insurance in Ireland to ensure your family can maintain their lifestyle, pay off debt, invest for the future or to generate income, pay for education or childcare, or manage living expenses.
If you need life cover for a mortgage or other loan, you can get a mortgage protection quote here.
We complete all the paperwork with a signature free process.2
Free accidental death cover
We provide free accidental death cover while your application is considered, at no extra cost.3
You get exclusive access to the Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service at no extra cost.
The difference between Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection
Siocha Costello, Protection Marketing Manager, Aviva Life & Pensions Limited explains the difference between Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection.
00:00:00 Video starts
00:00:05 Siocha Costello, one minute pitch. The difference between Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection, your time starts now.
What is Life Insurance?
00:00:14 Siocha Costello, Protection Marketing Manager, Aviva Life & Pensions Limited
In a nutshell life insurance will pay your dependents a lump sum if you die.
What is Mortgage Protection?
00:00:22 Siocha Costello
Mortgage protection pays out the outstanding balance of your mortgage if you die.
So, what is the main difference between the two?
00:00:27 Siocha Costello
The money from you mortgage protection goes to your lender to pay off your mortgage so your family home is secure. Life insurance gives your family money for all their other expenses, childcare costs, electricity costs and loans.
Why would you need both?
00:00:42 Siocha Costello
If you are taking out a mortgage you are required to have mortgage protection in place, having both means having all your family financial outgoings are taking care off.
When is a good time to get cover?
00:00:54 Siocha Costello
Insurance costs are generally based on several factors. One of those is age so the younger you are generally the cheaper it is.
What do you think is the best thing about these products?
00:01:06 Siocha Costello
I think the peace of mind that comes will knowing that your family is financially secure if anything happened to you.
Siocha your time is up.
To find out more about Life Insurance and Mortgage Protection talk to your Financial Broker.
00:01:23 Video ends
Looking for a life insurance quote?
We offer life cover from as little as €10 per month1. Talk to our financial adviser about life insurance.
Call us on 1800 555 255
Flexible life insurance tailored for you
It’s not an easy thing to think about. That’s why we make our life insurance straightforward and easy to manage. Then once it’s in place, you can get back to living your life.
How to design your life insurance cover
- Choose the cash sum that your family might need if you die.
- Select the length of your policy – from 2 to 50 years.
- Decide if the money paid out should keep up with inflation.
- Include a ‘conversion option’ to let you extend your cover at any time before the expiry date of your policy.
- You can issue your policy 'under trust' so you can specify who will get the benefit on your death.
- You can assign your policy to a third party - useful if you borrow money.
Manage your policies online
24/7 access to view and manage your policy.
Aviva Online Service Centre
- View your policies
- Update your details
- Change bank details
- Submit a query
Important information about your life insurance.
You may also be interested in...
If you are an existing customer and would like to communicate via email you can submit a query using the our online form.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Wednesday 10:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Saturday - Sunday Closed
Bank Holidays Closed
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €165,000 for a person aged 31 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 10 year term, total amount €10.06. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2020.
2. This is available for policies up to a maximum sum assured of €1,000,000. Where applicable, any additional forms required for medical evidence will require a signature. Aviva reserve the right to request a signed application at any stage prior to policy issue.
3. This cover kicks in from the moment you send us a fully completed and signed application form and direct debit mandate. You get cover for accidental death up until we accept or decline your application. We will pay out the lower of the life cover amount being applied for and €150,000. We will only pay once under this benefit in respect of any life insured regardless of the number of life cover policies or applications for life cover a person has with Aviva.
4. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €170,000 for a person aged 31 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 25 year term, total amount €10.03. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2020.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors - Second Medical Opinion benefit to its policyholders or the Aviva Family Care Benefit (Mental Health Support) and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice. If we withdraw it, we’ll write to notify policyholders at least 31 days in advance of its removal.
Teladoc Health (who provide the Best Doctors and Aviva Family Care Benefit) is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at Building 12, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, D18 W2P5. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.