Safeguard your family’s financial security
If you die, life will go on for your family. But if they rely on your income or your role as a stay-at-home parent, how can you make sure they cope without you?
Life insurance from Aviva pays out a fixed lump sum to safeguard your loved ones from the financial uncertainty that comes with premature death.
We price match* certain insurer quotes.
We complete all the paperwork with a signature free process.
You get exclusive access to Best Doctors Second Medical Opinion service.
How can life insurance help?
The money from a life insurance plan could help your family to:
- Maintain their current lifestyle
- Pay off loans and debts
- Invest it as a nest egg for the future or to generate an income
- Pay for your children’s education or child care
- Manage other living expenses
Flexible life insurance tailored for you
It’s not an easy thing to think about. That’s why we make our life insurance straightforward and easy to manage. Then once it’s in place, you can get back to living your life.
How to design your life insurance cover
- Choose the cash sum that your family might need if you die.
- Select the length of your policy – from 2 to 50 years.
- Decide if the money paid out should keep up with inflation.
- Include a ‘conversion option’ to let you extend your cover at any time.
Features of your Aviva life insurance policy
- Free accidental death cover while your application is considered
- Payment of your benefit if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness, as long as 12 months or more remain on your policy
- Option to issue your policy ‘under trust’ so you can specify who will get the benefit on your death
- Option to assign your policy to a third party – useful if you borrow money from a bank
- Guidance from one of our qualified financial advisors who will take care of the paperwork - Aviva’s signature-free process makes getting the right cover quick and easy
- Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service: an exclusive benefit available from the first day of your protection cover, at no additional cost.
- A price match* against certain insurer’s quote
- A discount if you’re a non-smoker
Aviva Online puts control of your life insurance firmly in your hands with instant access at any time. Log in to our secure system to:
How our claims process works
We know this is a difficult time so we’ll deal with your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Let us know what’s happened
Call us on 1890 64 64 64 – we’re open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or you can email email@example.com.
Give us some details
We’ll need some information about the person who has died, along with the policy number and your contact details.
We get things sorted
One of our experienced claims advisors will review the information you’ve given us and will be in touch to take you through the next steps.
You may also be interested in...
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Jan 2018
Why consider income protection
Financial stability in case of a rainy day is something we all hope to achieve, but most of us avoid thinking about.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
21 Mar 2017
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply to our mortgage protection cover. All discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €15 per month.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is also regulated in the UK: by the Prudential Regulation Authority for prudential rules and, to a limited extent, by the Financial Conduct Authority for applicable UK conduct rules. Registered Branch Office in Ireland (No 906464) at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Tel (01) 898 7950. Registered in England (3253947) at Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR.