What is mortgage protection?
When you're taking out your mortgage, your lender will usually request that you also take out a mortgage protection policy. But what is it? It's a cheaper form of life cover, designed to help pay your outstanding mortgage balance if the worst were to happen. So you know your family can keep the home they love.
We price match Ireland’s major insurance companies and discount by a further 15% to give you the best value.2
We complete all the paperwork with a signature free process.3
Your home is probably the largest purchase you'll ever make and our team of expert advisers strive to make buying mortgage protection as quick and easy as possible.
- We price match Ireland’s major insurance companies and discount by a further 15% to give you the best value.2
- Favourable rates for non-smokers.
- Free accidental death cover while your application is being considered.
- Guidance from a professional financial adviser who will take care of the paperwork – Aviva’s signature-free process makes getting the right cover quick and easy.
- Exclusive access to the Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service, available from the first day of cover, at no additional cost.
You can get even more peace of mind by adding specified illness cover to your mortgage protection policy. This means that if you are diagnosed and proven to have a specified illness or if you die, your benefit will be paid.
Manage your Aviva & Friends First policies online
Avail of 24/7 access to view and manage your policy information.
Aviva Online Service Centre
- New Aviva protection policies taken out from 22nd July 2019
- Friends First Protection, Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
- Aviva protection policies taken out before 22nd July 2019
- Aviva Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
6 Sep 2019
What is Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service?
With Best Doctors® you receive a second medical opinion, so you can feel assured and fully informed about your condition and what it means for you and your family.
12 Aug 2019
What is a Life Insurance Lump sum?
There is great peace of mind in knowing whatever may happen to you, your children will be taken care of. Life Insurance pays out a lump sum when you die, which may help your family to continue on without your income.
6 Aug 2019
What is life insurance?
What is the difference between Life Insurance and Life Assurance? What Life Insurance Products are on offer from Mortgage Protection to Specified Illness cover.
26 Jul 2019
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
16 Oct 2019
Mortgage Protection Jargon Explained
Buying your first home can be an exciting but confusing time. Read on for all mortgage protection jargon explained.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
Learn about the common myths about Mortgage Protection, so you can make informed decisions and get the best value for your money.
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Oct 2019
Why consider income protection insurance
How does income protection work? What are the benefits? Who can take out income protection? Find the answers to these questions.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €60,000 for a person aged 21 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 10 year term. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2019.
2. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Price match applies to mortgage protection or life insurance quotes only. Price match only applies to standard quotes provided to Aviva Direct Ireland Limited from Best Advice (only including quotes from Irish Life, New Ireland, Royal London and Zurich) with the same level and term of cover up to a maximum sum assured of €1,500,000. Price Match does not apply to promotional offers. Price match and any discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €10 per month.
3. This is available for policies up to a maximum sum assured of €1,000,000. Where applicable, any additional forms required for medical evidence will require a signature. Aviva reserve the right to request a signed application at any stage prior to policy issue.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.