Your home is probably the most important thing you own so it makes sense that you want to protect it. But what would happen if illness, injury or death meant that you couldn’t make your mortgage payments any more?
Mortgage protection cover from Aviva will pay off your mortgage if you can’t keep up with your payments. So you know that no matter what happens, your family can keep the home they love.
We price match1 certain insurer quotes and discount it by a further 15%.
We complete all the paperwork with a signature free process.
You get exclusive access to Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service.
Affordable cover for extra security
When you’re taking out your mortgage, your lender will usually request that you also take out a mortgage protection policy. This is a cheaper form of life cover where the benefit reduces each month in line with the value of your outstanding mortgage.
At Aviva, we offer mortgage protection that’s easy on your pocket and that gives you peace of mind, no matter what the future holds.
Features of your Aviva mortgage protection policy
- A price match* against certain insurers' quotes and a discount of a further 15%
- A discount if you’re a non-smoker
- Free accidental death cover while your application is being considered
- Guidance from a qualified financial advisor who will take care of the paperwork – Aviva’s signature-free process makes getting the right cover quick and easy.
- Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service: an exclusive benefit available from the first day of your protection cover, at no additional cost.
You can get even more peace of mind by adding specified illness cover to your mortgage protection policy. This means that if you are diagnosed and proven to have a specified illness or if you die, your benefit will be paid.
Manage your Aviva & Friends First policies online
Avail of 24/7 access to view and manage your policy information.
Aviva Online Service Centre
- New Aviva protection policies taken out from 22nd July 2019
- Friends First Protection, Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
- Aviva protection policies taken out before 22nd July 2019
- Aviva Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
Get a quote
Whether you’re a first time buyer, building your own home or a homeowner looking to make some savings, shopping around for mortgage protection is always a good idea. Why not ask us for a quick quote and see how we compare? And if you’re switching from another provider, don’t worry – we’ll guide you through the process.
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
8 Apr 2019
Mortgage Protection Jargon Explained
In Ireland, by law you must take out a mortgage protection policy before you can successfully take out a mortgage.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
Learn about the common myths about Mortgage Protection, so you can make informed decisions and get the best value for your money.
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Jan 2018
Why consider income protection
Financial stability in case of a rainy day is something we all hope to achieve, but most of us avoid thinking about.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
21 Mar 2017
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Price match applies to mortgage protection quotes only. Price match only applies to standard quotes provided by Irish Life, New Ireland, Royal London and Zurich with the same level and term of cover up to a max sum assured of €1,500,000. Does not apply to promotional offers. Terms & conditions: The above is intended as a brief summary of the product. For full details, please talk to our Direct Team on 1890 242 227. Terms, conditions and qualification criteria apply.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.