Take care of what matters most
Aviva Specified Illness Cover
Peace of mind for you and your family
If you are diagnosed with a serious illness, your finances should be the last thing on your mind. But if your illness prevents you from working, do you know how you and your family would cope?
Lump sum payment
Financial support to help you focus on your health if you’re diagnosed with 1 of 47 illnesses that we cover.
Flexible length of cover
Choose how long you’d like your cover to last – from 5 to 50 years.
We’ll pay if your child is diagnosed with or undergoes surgery for one of the specified illness that we cover.
How can Specified Illness cover help?
The lump sum payment from your specified illness cover policy could help you to:
- Pay for medical treatment and expenses.
- Help with your mortgage or other loans or bills.
- Invest to provide a regular income.
- Make any necessary alterations to your home.
Reliable cover to help you through a tough time
We all hope it never happens but if you have to deal with health problems, you want to know that you’ve got serious illness cover that works hard for you and your family.
- We cover 47 illnesses on a full-payment basis. So if you’ve been diagnosed with one of these illnesses, we’ll pay you the full amount for which you’re covered. Find out more about these illnesses in our Specified Illness Definitions Guide.
- We cover 19 illnesses on a partial-payment basis so if you’re eligible, we’ll pay €20,000 or half of your cover amount, whichever is lower. One exception to this is angioplasty – single vessel for which we pay €5,000 or half of your cover amount, whichever is lower.
Features of your Aviva Specified Illness cover
- Premiums are guaranteed to stay fixed throughout your policy term unless you change your policy.
- You can get cover up to the age of 69.
- Your policy provides life cover and specified illness cover for your children (any child, stepchild or adopted child of yours who is aged 30 days or more and who is under the age of 21).
- You choose how long you want your cover to last – from five to 50 years.
- You can decide to increase your cover every year to keep up with inflation – without having to provide evidence of your health. We call this the indexation option.
- You can include a ‘conversion option’ to let you extend your cover at any time without having to provide evidence of your health.
- Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service: an exclusive benefit is available from the first day of your protection cover, at no additional cost.
Want to buy?
Give one of our qualified financial advisors a call to talk about your options and set up the right cover for you.
Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Aviva Online puts control of your life insurance firmly in your hands with instant access at any time. Log in to our secure system to:
How our claims process works
We know this is a difficult time so we’ll deal with your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Let us know what’s happened
Call us on 01 775 6412 – we’re open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us some details
We’ll need medical evidence to assess your claim, along with the policy number and your contact details.
We get things sorted
Once we’ve processed your information and accepted your claim, we’ll pay your benefit by electronic fund transfer into your bank account.
Important information about your life insurance.
You may also be interested in...
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Jan 2018
Why consider income protection
Financial stability in case of a rainy day is something we all hope to achieve, but most of us avoid thinking about.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
21 Mar 2017
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
1. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply to our mortgage protection cover. All discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €15 per month.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is also regulated in the UK: by the Prudential Regulation Authority for prudential rules and, to a limited extent, by the Financial Conduct Authority for applicable UK conduct rules. Registered Branch Office in Ireland (No 906464) at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Tel (01) 898 7950. Registered in England (3253947) at Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR.