Electric cars, also known as e-cars or electric vehicles are becoming more popular across the world. The Irish government's climate action plan to introduce 950,000 electric cars by 2030 has seen a steady rise in sales in recent years.
So whether you already have an electric car or are thinking about making the switch, make sure to get an electric car insurance quote with Aviva. See our benefits which are subject to standard T&Cs.
Aviva Motor Services has several repairer approvals to help repair electric vehicles.
We partner with ARM/ACE who are the only Tesla approved repairer in Ireland.
If you run out of charge we'll charge your car at the roadside, tow your car to the nearest charging point or to your home, whichever is closer.
Your charging cable is covered in the event of theft by your electric car insurance.
Choose your electric car insurance cover
- Choose between Comprehensive and Third Party, Fire and Theft cover
- Both insurance cover options offer great benefits, as standard.
- Customise your electric car insurance with our optional extras so they’re just right.
- Want to see which cover is right for you? Have a look at our handy comparison table
What are the benefits of electric cars?
Over the last number of years, electric and hybrid cars have increased in popularity with over 15,0002 on Irish roads today. But why are they so popular?
Kinder to the environment
Easy to charge
Car insurance benefits
We offer a wide range of car insurance benefits available to you including
Looking for more information?
Electric car articles
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and latest car insurance news.
Need to contact us?
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Offer of 15% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €310 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
3. Motor Tax Online https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/
4. Offer available to new & existing customers who have a motor care insurance policy and a home care insurance policy through Aviva Direct. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €310 for car insurance & €230 for home insurance (€115 for Contents or Buildings only). See aviva.ie/loyalty for further details. Free one year travel insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office: Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, Ireland, D18 W2P5.