Peace of mind. That's what it’s all about, isn't it?
You want to know that if something happens to your home, you've got great cover at an affordable price with loyalty and safety discounts, and a 24-hour emergency helpline.
Help in a home emergency
If you're struggling with a storm or accidental damage, our 24-hour emergency helpline and repair service is there for you.
Reinstating your cover
Made a claim? Don't worry, we'll continue to insure you for the same amount that we did before your claim.
If you (and your pets!) become unable to live in your home following an unexpected insured event, we'll cover the cost of similar accommodation up to 15% of your buildings and contents sums insured.
Home insurance cover
We know you like options, so we give you a choice of buildings and contents cover (our most comprehensive cover) or contents only cover (perfect for renters). All options come with great benefits as standard, a range of discounts to keep your premium down and can be tailored to your needs. If you are employing a contractor to build a house for you, we can provide a 'Building in the course of construction' policy - please contact the Call Centre. Explore our cover types
Home insurance benefits
The biggest benefit with Aviva home insurance? You get the security of knowing your home is in safe hands. But you get so much more...
- Fire brigade charges
If the Fire Brigade is called in to put out a fire affecting or likely to affect - your home, we will pay up to €1,500 to cover the charges.
- Frozen food
We pay up to €650 to cover the cost of replacing frozen food lost or damaged in your domestic freezer. The loss or damage must have been caused by a rise or fall in temperature, refrigerant fumes or refrigerant leaks.
- Credit and debit cards
If your credit or debit card is lost or stolen and you have to pay a bill as a result, we refund you up to €650. Were you on holiday? No problem, this cover applies anywhere in Europe. You're also covered for the first 30 days if you're travelling outside Europe.
- Replacing door locks
If your keys are stolen, we offer up to €400 to cover replacement door locks, alarm keys and safe locks.
Take a look at our home insurance benefits.
Home insurance discounts
Save on your home insurance quote:
Home safety discounts
- Up to 40% off home insurance quotes if you’re claim free.
- 12.5% alarm discount - alarm must be installed and maintained in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines.
- 15% off both policies if you insure your car and home with Aviva. We'll even throw in one year free travel insurance!2
- 6% off your renewal price if you're an existing customer and you've been claim-free for three years.
And there's more… see a list of all our home insurance discounts.
Frequently asked questions
Do you offer no-claims discount on a home insurance policy?
Who do I call to make a claim on my home insurance?
How do I make changes to my policy after it has started?
Already with us?
Need to claim? The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can help you. Visit home claims.
Manage your cover with MyAviva
- View your policies and documentation
- Update your details
- Upload documents
Looking for more information?
Need to contact us?
Get in Touch
If you have a question about your home insurance policy with us, just ask us a question using our contact forms.
You'll find all the contact information you need here
*Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.
€10 donation will be made for every new home policy sold from 01/06/2022 to 30/06/20022.
1. Offer available when you take out a new policy online. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €230 for home insurance (€115 for Contents or Buildings only).
2. Offer available to new & existing customers who have both Aviva car & home insurance. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €310 for car insurance & €230 for home insurance (€115 for Contents or Buildings only). Free one year travel insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.
3. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. These monthly premiums are based on single life cover of €170,000 for a person aged 31 next birthday and a non-smoker, over a 25 year term, total amount €10.03. Source: Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC as at July 2020.
Terms and conditions apply to all our home insurance policies and you can see full details in our HomeCare Policy Document.
If you're already an Aviva customer, check your home insurance policy and schedule for details of your cover.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Car insurance and home insurance are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.