Protect your income with Aviva
Insurance for your lifestyle
Maintain your quality of life
Income protection from Aviva helps you maintain your lifestyle by giving you a monthly income if illness or injury prevents you from working for a period of time, so you can concentrate on getting better.
Protection of up to 75% of your total earnings.
Peace of mind
A guaranteed premium that cannot rise.1
Tax relief on all premiums at 20% or 40%.
When life is going well, it’s easy to take money for granted. But just think about how you’d cope if your income suddenly dried up due to ill health or injury? The things you care about – your family’s lifestyle, your home, your children’s education – could be in jeopardy.
Practical protection designed for you
If you suddenly lose your ability to earn a living, you want a back-up plan that works when you need it most. That’s where we come in – with income protection cover that’s flexible, competitive and built to suit your lifestyle.
How to tailor your income protection cover
- Choose the amount you get if you make a claim – you can go from €12,000 to €250,000 a year.
- Select the length of your policy – cover can end at age 55, 60 or 65.
- Pick your deferred period – that’s the time you wait before your policy pays a benefit. It can be 4, 8, 12, 26 or 52 weeks.
- Decide if the money paid out should keep up with inflation.
Features of your Aviva income protection policy
- A guaranteed premium – once accepted, your premium won’t rise
- A discount if you’re a non-smoker
- A waiver on your premium while you’re getting your benefit
- Tax relief on your premiums
- Aviva covers more occupations on an ‘own occupation’ basis than anyone else
- Cover is continued even if you change jobs
- Wide choice of deferred payment periods
- Freedom to top up your policy to get additional cover
- We provide a comprehensive claims service to help you get back to work.
- Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service: an exclusive benefit available from the first day of your protection cover, at no additional cost.
Want to buy?
Speak to one of our qualified financial advisors who will talk to you about your options and set up the right cover for you.
Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Aviva Online puts control of your life insurance firmly in your hands with instant access at any time. Log in to our secure system to:
Helping you get back to working life…
We know you’d rather be working. That’s why we do whatever we can to help you get back to a normal working life as soon as you can. After your claim has been approved, you can access these benefits:
How our claims process works
We know this is a difficult time so we’ll deal with your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Let us know what’s happened
Call us on 01 775 6412 – we’re open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us some details
We’ll need medical and financial evidence to assess your claim, along with the policy number and your contact details.
We get things sorted
Once we’ve processed your information and accepted your claim, we pay you a monthly benefit in arrears.
Important information about your life insurance.
You may also be interested in...
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
8 Apr 2019
Mortgage Protection Jargon Explained
In Ireland, by law you must take out a mortgage protection policy before you can successfully take out a mortgage.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
Learn about the common myths about Mortgage Protection, so you can make informed decisions and get the best value for your money.
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Jan 2018
Why consider income protection
Financial stability in case of a rainy day is something we all hope to achieve, but most of us avoid thinking about.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
21 Mar 2017
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
1. Guaranteed premium: The amount you pay does not change over the life of the policy as long as the benefits remain the same. You can choose to index-link your premium and the benefits to ensure that, over time, they remain linked to inflation.
2. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply to our mortgage protection cover. All discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €15 per month.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.