Income Protection Insurance
Insurance for your lifestyle
Maintain your quality of life
Income protection from Aviva helps you maintain your lifestyle by giving you a monthly income if illness or injury prevents you from working for a period of time, so you can concentrate on getting better.
Protection of up to 75% of your total earnings.
Peace of mind
A guaranteed premium that cannot rise.1
Tax relief on all premiums at 20% or 40%.
When life is going well, it’s easy to take money for granted. But just think about how you’d cope if your income suddenly dried up due to ill health or injury? The things you care about – your family’s lifestyle, your home, your children’s education – could be in jeopardy.
Practical protection designed for you
If you suddenly lose your ability to earn a living, you want a back-up plan that works when you need it most. That’s where we come in – with income protection cover that’s flexible, competitive and built to suit your lifestyle.
How to tailor your income protection cover
- Choose the amount you get if you make a claim – you can go from €5,200 to €262,500 a year.
- Select the length of your policy – cover can end between 50 - 70.
- Pick your deferred period – that’s the time you wait before your policy pays a benefit. It can be 4, 8, 12, 26 or 52 weeks.
- Decide if the money paid out should keep up with inflation.
Features of your Aviva income protection policy
- A guaranteed premium – once accepted, your premium won’t rise
- A discount if you’re a non-smoker
- A waiver on your premium while you’re getting your benefit
- Tax relief on your premiums
- Aviva covers all occupations on an ‘own occupation’ basis than anyone else
- Cover is continued even if you change jobs
- Wide choice of deferred payment periods
- Freedom to top up your policy to get additional cover
- We provide a comprehensive claims service to help you get back to work.
- Best Doctors ® Second Medical Opinion service: an exclusive benefit available from the first day of your protection cover, at no additional cost.
Want to get started?
Our professional financial advisers can talk to you about your options and set up the right cover for you.
Manage your Aviva & Friends First policies online
Avail of 24/7 access to view and manage your policy information.
Aviva Online Service Centre
- New Aviva protection policies taken out from 22nd July 2019
- Friends First Protection, Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
- Aviva protection policies taken out before 22nd July 2019
- Aviva Savings, Investment & Retirement policies
Helping you get back to working life…
We know you’d rather be working. That’s why we do whatever we can to help you get back to a normal working life as soon as you can. After your claim has been approved, you can access these benefits:
How our claims process works
We know this is a difficult time so we’ll deal with your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Let us know what’s happened
Call us on 01 775 6412 – we’re open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Or you can email email@example.com.
Give us some details
We’ll need medical and financial evidence to assess your claim, along with the policy number and your contact details.
We get things sorted
Once we’ve processed your information and accepted your claim, we pay you a monthly benefit in arrears.
Important information about your life insurance.
You may also be interested in...
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and news.
6 Sep 2019
What is Best Doctors® Second Medical Opinion service?
With Best Doctors® you receive a second medical opinion, so you can feel assured and fully informed about your condition and what it means for you and your family.
12 Aug 2019
What is a Life Insurance Lump sum?
There is great peace of mind in knowing whatever may happen to you, your children will be taken care of. Life Insurance pays out a lump sum when you die, which may help your family to continue on without your income.
6 Aug 2019
What is life insurance?
What is the difference between Life Insurance and Life Assurance? What Life Insurance Products are on offer from Mortgage Protection to Specified Illness cover.
26 Jul 2019
Nonsense Facts About Life Insurance
You can’t know for sure what the future will bring. That’s why life cover is such a good idea.
8 Apr 2019
Mortgage Protection Jargon Explained
In Ireland, by law you must take out a mortgage protection policy before you can successfully take out a mortgage.
5 Jul 2018
Dummies Guide To Life Insurance
There are many things in life that we hold dear, and we try our best to protect them. With so many available options to protect ourselves and our families from an unexpected rainy day.
5 Jul 2018
The affordability of Life Insurance
For peace of mind for you and your family, we believe that it is well worth it –you don’t need to cut out any of the finer things in life.
26 Jun 2018
7 Myths about Mortgage Protection
Learn about the common myths about Mortgage Protection, so you can make informed decisions and get the best value for your money.
26 Jun 2018
Do I really need Life Insurance?
We can’t know what the future holds for us, or our families, and nobody likes to imagine any frightening possibilities.
26 Jun 2018
Why stay at home parents need Life Insurance too
We all put our families first, and here at Aviva we want to help you protect everything you hold dear in life. Life Insurance is a means of protecting your family should the worst happen.
16 Jan 2018
Why consider income protection
Financial stability in case of a rainy day is something we all hope to achieve, but most of us avoid thinking about.
13 Nov 2017
Mortgage Protection 101
Buying a home is a significant milestone in anyone’s life, so it makes sense to protect your investment in the best way possible...
18 Apr 2017
10 Questions to Ask About Specified Illness Cover
No one likes to think about being struck down with a serious illness, but unfortunately it can affect anyone, at any age and at any time.
1. Guaranteed premium: The amount you pay does not change over the life of the policy as long as the benefits remain the same. You can choose to index-link your premium and the benefits to ensure that, over time, they remain linked to inflation.
2. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Price match applies to mortgage protection or life insurance quotes only. Price match only applies to standard quotes provided to Aviva Direct Ireland Limited from Best Advice (only including quotes from Irish Life, New Ireland, Royal London and Zurich) with the same level and term of cover up to a maximum sum assured of €1,500,000. Price Match does not apply to promotional offers. Price match and any discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €10 per month. For full details, please talk to our Direct Team on 1890 242 227.
Best Doctors is an independent company and Aviva will not be responsible for any actions taken or not taken as a consequence of recommendations made by Best Doctors. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC does not guarantee the on-going availability of the Best Doctors service to its policyholders and may, at its sole discretion, withdraw access to the service at a month’s notice.
Best Doctors is not a regulated financial service.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651. Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Tel (01) 898 7950.