Accompanied driver cover. It's got a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Well that's what's on offer to our Driving School customers if they have a parent, guardian, spouse, partner, aunt, uncle or grandparent currently insured with Aviva.
What is accompanied driver cover?
This cover allows you to drive with:
- The policy holder or a named driver on the policy that has held a full driving licence for a continuous period of at least two years.
- An Aviva driving instructor for the purpose of tuition.
- An official examiner during your driving test.
How to activate your accompanied driver cover
So you’ve already bought driving lessons from Aviva Driving School and your parent, guardian, spouse, partner, aunt, uncle or grandparent has a car insurance policy with Aviva. We’ve got good news – activating your accompanied driver cover couldn’t be easier. Just follow these simple steps:
- At the end of your first lesson, your driving instructor will give you a 6-digit code.
- If the car insurance policy was brought through a broker, just give them a call with your code to activate your cover. If the car insurance policy was bought directly with Aviva then call us on 1800 335 577 to activate the cover.
- Don’t forget – you need to activate your accompanied driver cover within seven days of the first lesson.
- You’re done! We’ll send a letter confirming your cover within three to five working days.
Switch car insurance to Aviva
Is your parent, guardian, spouse, partner, aunt, uncle or grandparent insured with someone else? Not a problem! They can switch their car insurance to Aviva and then you can enjoy accompanied driver cover once you book your driving lessons. It's pretty simple - if they're not switching, you're not saving.
Call our Galway team on 1800 335 577 to find out about switching.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions attached to the Educate 12-lesson pack
Terms and conditions attached to the Achieve and Decision 6-lesson pack
Get ready for big savings and accompanied driver cover when you sign up to one of our great value Aviva Driving School packages.
Looking for more information?
Aviva Driving School
Monday to Friday: 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m.
Saturday - Sunday Closed
Bank Holidays Closed
As Aviva Driving School is not a financial service, it is not regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
The Policy Holder must activate this Accompanying Driver Cover within 7 days of the first lesson being delivered. The learner driver must be accompanied at all times. Aviva Driving School pupils may only be added on an Aviva policyholder's Private Motor Policy. All the terms and conditions of our Aviva Driving School discounts and offers are listed here.