At Aviva, we offer great value car insurance for women and men alike. You can choose between comprehensive cover or third party, fire and theft. We reward safe drivers regardless of their gender, which means we can provide affordable cover for you, your car and your possessions. For car insurance, you're safe in the hands of Aviva. Click here to get a new quote.
Breakdown rescue cover
If you ever find yourself in need of assistance during a breakdown, we have you covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Driving other cars
You, as policyholder, can get third party cover to drive other people’s cars if you have a full, current EU driving licence. Some restrictions apply.
Up to 50% off the price of your car insurance when you have 5 years claims free driving in your own name.2
Car insurance discounts
Insure your car and home with Aviva and get 15% off both policies plus one year FREE multi-trip travel insurance.3
No penalty points
If you don’t have any penalty points when renewing your insurance, you can get a discount of up to 20% off your premium.1
10% off the cost of a second car in your household with Aviva Multicar discount.4
Choose your car insurance cover
- We offer you a choice between Comprehensive and Third Party, Fire and Theft cover.
- Both covers give you excellent benefits.
- You can customise them with optional covers or extras so they're just right for you. We also offer great discounts to keep your costs down.
- Want to see which cover is right for you? Have a look at our handy comparison table.
Car insurance benefits
We’ve a wide range of benefits available for you including:
Windscreen damage cover
If that dreaded crack appears on your windscreen, your comprehensive car insurance will cover the damage if you use one of our aligned windscreen repairers.
While your car is being repaired by an Aviva Motor Services repairer, we’ll provide you with a courtesy car for up to seven days if you make a claim under your policy.
24/7 Claims Helpline
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 1890 666 888 for help on all motor claims including windscreen damage claims.
Terms and conditions apply. Please see our policy documents for more information.
Looking for more information?
Insure your car and home with Aviva and get 15% off both policies plus one year FREE multi-trip travel insurance.2
One size doesn't fit all so you can tailor your car insurance cover to meet your needs.
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and latest car insurance news.
5 Feb 2020
Make savings with an electric car
Find out how much you could save by switching to an electric or hybrid car. From fuel costs, VRT and even toll charges.
3 Feb 2020
Which electric car model is best for you?
Looking to switch to an electric car? We’ve listed our three top electric car models including price, charge time, road tax and much more.
27 Jan 2021
Must-have car gadgets 2021
Improve your driving experience with these must-have car gadgets for 2021.
13 Jan 2020
Ten ‘any occasion’ car necessities
Technology can’t change the weather, stave hold off ‘hangriness’ or get you out of other sticky situations. Here are ten items you should always have in your car to keep you prepared for any occasion.
13 Dec 2019
Transferring your insurance to a new car with MyAviva
With MyAviva Car, you can save time and switch your insurance policy to your new car online with no administration fees...
26 Nov 2019
The best gifts for the car lover in your family
Struggling for Christmas present ideas? Well we’re car obsessed, so if you’ve got a friend or family member who shares the same car enthusiasm, you’ve come to the right place!
26 Nov 2019
Five key steps to help save for a car
A lot of hard work, effort and planning goes into saving for a car. We want to help! Here are the five best steps to help you save for your car.
26 Nov 2019
Your driving licence debunked
Your driver number is the nine-digit number located on your driving licence. For plastic card licences’ it’s in field 4d, for paper licences’ it’s in field 5.
25 Oct 2019
Car battery maintenance tips
Car battery failure is one of the most common causes of car breakdowns. Follow our top tips and avoid getting left out in the cold this winter.
1 Oct 2019
How to change your car tyre in 12 steps
Getting a flat tyre isn’t fun but with our step-by-step guide and list of tools you’ll need, you’ll be up and running in no time.
6 Sep 2019
Carpool for school
Make the back to school run easier by organising a carpool. Read our expert tips here.
6 Sep 2019
Dashboard warning lights
We explore eight of the most important car warning lights. What they mean and what you need to do if they light up. Some can be a sign of serious engine damage.
6 Sep 2019
How to maximise your cars resale value
Believe it or not there are ways to reduce your cars depreciation! Click through for our top tips plus how to improve your car resale value.
12 Jun 2019
One of the fundamental aspects of safe driving is proper tyre care and maintenance. Different weather conditions require your tyres to work in different ways to achieve the safest travel while on the road.
14 Jun 2020
What to Consider When Buying a Used Car
Buying a brand new car can put significant financial strain on a family, especially if your family needs more than one car to make life easier.
8 Apr 2019
Penalty Points 101
Find out everything you need to know about penalty points right here!
Need to contact us?
Question about your policy? You can contact us by email and we’ll get back to you.
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Offer of 21% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €280 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
2. This is subject to a max 50%/5 years earned driving experience in your own name.
3. Offer available to new & existing customers who have both Aviva car & home insurance. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €280 for car & €230 for home (€115 for Contents or Buildings only). Free one year travel insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.
4. Aviva Multicar Discount - Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. All discounts applied subject to minimum premium of €280. Offer available on second and subsequent car policies for new and existing Aviva customers. Vehicles must be owned by members of the same household and registered at the same address.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.