At Aviva, we offer great value car insurance for women and men alike. You can choose between comprehensive cover or third party, fire and theft. We reward safe drivers regardless of their gender, which means we can provide affordable cover for you, your car and your possessions. Click here to get a new quote.
Breakdown rescue cover
If you ever find yourself in need of assistance during a breakdown, we have you covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Driving other cars
You, as policyholder, can get third party cover to drive other people’s cars if you have a full, current EU driving licence. Some restrictions apply.
Up to 50% off the price of your car insurance when you have 5 years claims free driving in your own name.2
Car insurance discounts
Insure your car and home with Aviva and get 15% off both policies plus one year FREE multi-trip travel insurance.3
No penalty points
If you don’t have any penalty points when renewing your insurance, you can get a discount of up to 20% off your premium.1
10% off the cost of a second car in your household with Aviva Multicar discount.4
Choose your car insurance cover
- We offer you a choice between Comprehensive and Third Party, Fire and Theft cover.
- Both covers give you excellent benefits.
- You can customise them with optional covers or extras so they're just right for you. We also offer great discounts to keep your costs down.
- Want to see which cover is right for you? Have a look at our handy comparison table.
Car insurance benefits
We’ve a wide range of benefits available for you including:
Windscreen damage cover
If that dreaded crack appears on your windscreen, your comprehensive car insurance will cover the damage if you use one of our aligned windscreen repairers.
While your car is being repaired by an Aviva Motor Services repairer, we’ll provide you with a courtesy car for up to seven days if you make a claim under your policy.
24/7 Claims Helpline
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 1890 666 888 for help on all motor claims including windscreen damage claims.
Terms and conditions apply. Please see our policy documents for more information.
Looking for more information?
Insure your car and home with Aviva and get 15% off both policies plus one year FREE multi-trip travel insurance.2
One size doesn't fit all so you can tailor your car insurance cover to meet your needs.
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and latest car insurance news.
9 Aug 2021
Aviva customer stories
We know things don’t always go to plan, that’s why we’re committed to giving the best support possible. Take a look at some of our customer stories and how Aviva helped them figure out what steps to take next.
21 Jun 2021
12 road trip essentials
The open road is ahead of you but first it’s time to pack the car. Find out the things you need for a road trip this summer.
21 Jun 2021
Tips on what to know about car engines before buying
Motoring expert Michael Sheridan discusses the different types of type of car engines available and what best suits your needs.
4 May 2021
21 nifty car gadgets
We’ve done the research and listed 21 cool car gadgets. Make your car journey the best it can be.
11 Mar 2021
Rules for navigating a roundabout
Roundabouts can be tricky but not when you know what you’re doing. Click through to learn how to drive through a roundabout correctly and safely.
3 Mar 2021
21 tips for environmentally friendly driving
21 tips on how to increase your fuel efficiency, cut down on your driving costs, and help make your driving a little kinder to the environment.
27 Jan 2021
Must-have car gadgets 2021
Improve your driving experience with these must-have car gadgets for 2021.
25 Jan 2021
Three things to check every six to 12 months
Bob Flavin discusses three key checks on your car that should be carried out every six to 12 months.
14 Jan 2021
Three things to check every four to six weeks
Expert advice on the top three things you should check your car for every four to six weeks. Follow our car maintenance series here.
8 Jan 2021
Driving in ice and snow
The winter months can make driving more dangerous in many ways, but two elements you need to be particularly cautious of whilst driving are ice and snow.
29 Nov 2020
Seven Common road hazards and how to avoid them
We’ve listed the most common road hazards and provided information on how to stay safe when driving if you find yourself in one of these situations.
30 Oct 2020
What’s the value of your car?
Did you know that you need to tell your insurer how much your car is worth to work out your car insurance premium?
30 Oct 2020
What to do after a minor car accident
Even a minor car crash can be a daunting experience. With this checklist feel secure that you will take the right steps on the roadside.
30 Oct 2020
The best time to buy a new car - new or used
Purchasing a car either new or second hand can be an exciting yet expensive time. You could save money simply by knowing the best time to buy a car.
30 Oct 2020
Your car logbook
Your Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC), or logbook, is your official ownership document. Learn how it's used and how to replace a lost logbook.
19 Oct 2020
Three things to check regularly
Good car maintenance is very important. Having your car in top working order gives you peace of mind because you know you and your passengers are safe.
Need to contact us?
Question about your policy? You can contact us by email and we’ll get back to you.
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Offer of 21% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €280 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
2. This is subject to a max 50%/5 years earned driving experience in your own name.
3. Offer available to new & existing customers who have both Aviva car & home insurance. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €280 for car & €230 for home (€115 for Contents or Buildings only). Free one year travel insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.
4. Aviva Multicar Discount - Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. All discounts applied subject to minimum premium of €280. Offer available on second and subsequent car policies for new and existing Aviva customers. Vehicles must be owned by members of the same household and registered at the same address.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.