At Aviva, we offer great value car insurance for women and men alike. You can choose between comprehensive cover or third party, fire and theft. We reward safe drivers regardless of their gender, which means we can provide affordable cover for you, your car and your possessions. Click here to get a car quote.
Breakdown rescue cover
If you ever find yourself in need of assistance during a breakdown, we have you covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Driving other cars
You, as policyholder, can get third party cover to drive other people’s cars if you have a full, current EU driving licence. Some restrictions apply.
Up to 50% off the price of your car insurance when you have 5 years claims free driving in your own name.2
Car insurance discounts
Insure your car and home with Aviva and get 15% off both policies plus one year FREE multi-trip travel insurance.3
No penalty points
If you don’t have any penalty points when renewing your insurance, you can get a discount of up to 20% off your premium.1
10% off the cost of a second car in your household with Aviva Multicar discount.4
Choose your car insurance cover
- We offer you a choice between comprehensive and third party, fire and theft cover.
- Both covers give you excellent benefits.
- You can customise them with optional covers or extras so they're just right for you. We also offer great discounts to keep your costs down.
- Want to see which cover is right for you? Have a look at our handy comparison table.
Car insurance benefits
We’ve a wide range of benefits available for you including:
Windscreen damage cover
If that dreaded crack appears on your windscreen, your comprehensive car insurance will cover the damage if you use one of our aligned windscreen repairers.
While your car is being repaired by an Aviva Motor Services repairer, we’ll provide you with a courtesy car for up to seven days if you make a claim under your policy.
24/7 Claims Helpline
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 1800 147 147 for help on all motor claims including windscreen damage claims.
Terms and conditions apply. Please see our policy documents for more information.
Looking for more information?
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and latest car insurance news.
Need to contact us?
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Offer of 15% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €310 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
2. This is subject to a max 50%/5 years earned driving experience in your own name.
3. Offer available to new & existing customers who have a motor care insurance policy and a home care insurance policy through Aviva Direct. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €310 for car insurance & €230 for home insurance (€115 for Contents or Buildings only). See aviva.ie/loyalty for further details. Free one year travel insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Chubb European Group SE.
4. Aviva Multicar Discount - Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. All discounts applied subject to minimum premium of €310. Offer available on second and subsequent car policies for new and existing Aviva customers. Vehicles must be owned by members of the same household and registered at the same address.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office: Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, Ireland, D18 W2P5.