Health insurance cover plans to meet your needs
We've partnered with Irish Life Health so that we can arrange health insurance cover for you.
Our team will work with you to understand what you require from a health insurance plan and will present you with a range of plans that meet your needs, so that you can choose the right plan at the right price. You will have cover for great benefits including:
When you arrange your health insurance with Aviva you can claim for your day-to-day and outpatient expenses online anytime at irishlifehealth.ie.
Login to your member area. Set up your bank details by going to Self Service > My Claim Options
Click on Claims and start uploading your receipts. If your receipt contains more than one treatment, each one should be added as a seperate treatment form
Review your receipts and submit to complete
Remember, as a customer of Aviva, you can avail of discounts on your private car and home insurance.
- If you arrange your health insurance with Aviva you can get 5% discount on Aviva car and home insurance.
- If you take out both policies you get a 5% discount on your car insurance and a 5% discount on your home insurance.
- If you already have a car and/or home insurance with Aviva, you will get the 5% discount when your existing policy is due for renewal.
To avail of this discount please call us in Galway on 1890 33 55 77 and we will apply the discount. Please note that you will be asked to provide your health insurance policy number.
Ready to get a quote?
If your policy is due for renewal, you will have received a letter in the post from Irish Life Health. You can renew your policy directly with them by contacting
1890 714 444.
Managing your plan
As an Irish Life Health customer, you have exclusive access to an online membership portal that allows you to make changes to your plan, renew your plan online or cancel your plan.
- Have real time access to your policy details
- Make changes to personal details and cover details including updating your policy
- Instantaneous online confirmation of all updates made
You will find more details here. This link will bring you to a website operated by Irish Life Health and is subject to the terms and conditions of that site.
1890 714 444 or (021)480 2040
Nurse on Call
For non-emergency medical information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, call 1850 946 644
Overseas Medical Emergencies
For overseas medical emergencies only, call:
+353 1 481 7840 or +353 1 619 3620.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions? We've got you covered.
1. Offer available to Aviva Direct Ireland Ltd customers. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €280 for car and €230 for home. (€115 for contents only or buildings only home insurance).
Health Insurance is arranged by Aviva Direct Ireland Limited and underwritten by Irish Life Health dac. Irish Life Health dac is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 376607. Registered Office Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.