As the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving, Aviva continues to monitor the situation. Our key priority and focus continue to be the health and safety of our people and our customers.
To reassure you, no new COVID-19 restrictions have been applied to our protection policies and currently there are no plans to amend our acceptance criteria.
Please read our FAQ’s below:
1. Do Aviva Income protection policies pay out for COVID-19?
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and meet the definition of disability after the normal deferred period yes, you will be able to submit a claim.
2. Are there any travel restrictions across protection policies during this pandemic?
No there are no new restrictions to travel as a result of COVID-19 and normal terms and conditions apply. (Please note this only relates to Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland protection products. Travel insurance may differ).
3. Do Aviva’s specified illness policies pay out for COVID-19?
No COVID-19 is not a defined illness under a Specified Illness contract. However, a customer may be eligible to claim for conditions arising from Covid-19 if the specified illness definition is met for example, a coma.
4. Do Aviva Life & Pension Ireland life policies pay out for COVID-19?
Yes, Aviva Life & Pension Ireland life policies cover you should you die from COVID-19.
5. If a customer discloses that they have recently travelled to an affected area will they be accepted for new protection policies?
Normal underwriting will occur, and we will assess each case on an individual basis.
6. If a customer discloses that they have tested positive for COVID-19 will they be accepted for cover?
Cover may be possible but would be postponed until a full recovery has been made.
If you have a query regarding your Aviva direct life insurance policy, you can contact us on 1890 24 22 27. Alternatively, contact your Financial Broker for further advice or complete our online query form.
Information accurate and up to date as at 16/03/2020.