How we can help in a Home Emergency
Emergency Repair service is provided by Mapfre Assistance Agency Ireland
We cover the cost of the call-out, labour and materials which are needed to carry out the repair (up to €250 for each incident or €260 (refer to booklet). If repairs cost more than these amounts, you are responsible for paying any difference. If the damage is covered by your policy and you make a claim, we will refund any money you have paid out (less your policy excess).
When we talk about a home emergency, we mean a sudden or unexpected event that damages your home and needs immediate action to stop things getting worse.
If you're taken out your home insurance policy directly with Aviva you have Help in a Home Emergency as a standard benefit on your policy. If you've bought your policy through a broker you may have this as an optional cover on your home insurance so check your policy for details.
- Cover for the cost of a call out, labour and materials for an emergency repair - up to €250 per incident or up to €260 for broken window glass
- Access to a 24-hour comprehensive emergency service
- Cover for storm or accidental damage to your roof, windows and doors
Call us at any time
24 hours a day, 365 days a year
What we cover
Our repair service will secure your home and stop further loss or damage caused by any of these events:
- Water or oil leaks from pipes, fittings, sanitary fixtures and fixed installations within your home
- Failure of the electricity supply caused by a fault or damage to the electrical installation inside your home
- Theft, loss of keys or accidental damage to locks
- Storm or any other accidental damage that makes your home insecure
- Broken glass in outside windows and doors that makes your home insecure
Just because we've carried out emergency repairs on your home doesn't mean our work is done. We offer these helpful services to make life a little easier:
- Overnight accommodation for up to four people if your home isn't habitable. We choose the place and we transport you there from your home
- Furniture storage for up to seven days if you need to remove your belongings for security reasons. We transport your stuff to and from a storage facility within 50km of your home.
- We'll pass an urgent message onto a family member at home or abroad.
- If you need to contact an essential service in a hurry, just call us on 1800 565 556 and we'll give you the phone number of the hospital, police station, fire brigade, 24-hour pharmacy or transport company you need.
Need to make a home insurance claim?
Talk to an experienced claims advisor:
Call us now
Calling from abroad?
Monday to Friday: 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote your claim reference number or your policy number when emailing us. If you wish us to call you, please advise the best telephone number to call you on.
We offer a range of options, so you can manage whichever suits you.
Emergency in your home?
24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office: Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, Ireland, D18 W2P5.