Make a Specified Illness Claim
How to start your Specified Illness Claim
First of all, check your policy terms and conditions and see if your illness is covered on your policy. If it's covered or if you're not sure whether it's covered, don't worry, our claims team is standing by to help.
Risk Life Claims Team
Aviva Life & Pensions
Cherrywood Business Park
Whether you get in touch by phone, email or post, our team will guide you every step of the way. We look at every claim individually and we're here to help you.
What we need
To get your claim started we need some information from you.
- Your policy number
- The nature of your illness
What happens next
If the illness you're claiming for is covered under your policy we'll send you a claim form to complete.
- If you're claiming for cancer or heart-related conditions, we'll issue you with two forms to complete
- The form asks for some basic details such as your name, address, details of your diagnosis and doctors you have attended
- A Medical Certificate claim form will need to be completed by your treating doctor
- We'll make a decision from the information on these forms. In some cases, we may look for supporting evidence from your doctor but we'll keep you informed
For all other covered illnesses: once the claim form has been returned to us we will write to the doctor for a report. Once your claim is settled we'll pay right into your bank account by Electronic Fund Transfer.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority in the UK and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland, is also regulated in the UK: by the Prudential Regulation Authority for prudential rules and, to a limited extent, by the Financial Conduct Authority for applicable UK conduct rules. Registered Branch Office in Ireland (No 906464) at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. Tel (01) 898 7950. Registered in England (3253947) at Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR.