27 March 2020, Dublin: Aviva Insurance Ireland announced a range of additional supports targeted at those working in the Health Service Executive (HSE) and healthcare workers who have motor and home insurance policies with Aviva. The new supports will provide enhanced home and motor cover, including fully protected no claims discount in the event of an accident. These supports will be available for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
The measures include;-
- Free courtesy car: provided to any HSE & Healthcare worker with an Aviva motor policy. If their car is involved in an accident, a courtesy car will be provided until the car is repaired.
- Priority repairs: claims for HSE & Healthcare workers will be prioritised.
- Full Protected NCD: for HSE & Healthcare staff who have an accident while working/commuting.
- Cover for Volunteers: Private Motor insurance use is extended beyond normal personal use for employees of the HSE helping within their community for voluntary purposes, e.g. to transport medicines or groceries to those in need, or to take those that may be ill or vulnerable to hospital or testing facilities.
- Free enhanced personal belongings cover: (€2,000) for HSE & Healthcare home insurance customers if their belongings are lost/damaged/stolen while they are working/commuting (€500 single article limit).
- Free home emergency assist cover: for HSE & Healthcare employees with an Aviva home insurance policy.
- Free breakdown cover: (including Homestart) for HSE & Healthcare workers who have an Aviva motor policy, if their car breaks down.
- Priority service: for all HSE & Healthcare workers for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
Commenting Brian Mahon, Chief Underwriting Officer, Aviva Insurance Ireland said: “By introducing these additional measures for healthcare workers and those in the HSE for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis, we wanted to acknowledge the incredible work and commitment that they are giving so willingly at this unprecedented time. We are only too aware of the risks that they face on a daily basis and, in line with many other industries, want to play our part in supporting customers from these sectors who have home and motor policies with us.
“Our hope is that they stay safe and well as they continue to provide vital support to those who have contracted the virus and are in hospital or in communities throughout the country. We observed the moment of national gratitude yesterday evening and we hope that these additional supports show in a small way our gratitude as well.” added Brian Mahon.