If you or a driver named on your policy holds a UK or Northern Irish drivers licence, the Road Safety Authority has requested that we share some important information regarding the post-Brexit status of UK/NI driving licences within the Republic of Ireland.
The Road Safety Authority wishes to advise policyholders and drivers, resident in Ireland, with a UK/NI driving licence of the importance of exchanging their licence for an Irish one.
- Anyone resident in the Republic of Ireland who holds a UK/NI driving licence must exchange it for an Irish one before the 31st of October 2019.
- After this date, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, an existing UK/NI licence will no longer be valid to drive here.
- It is important that you exchange your licence now to be certain that you are legally entitled to drive on Irish roads after the UK leaves the EU.
- By exchanging now you could avoid possible lengthy delays and the likelihood that you will not have a valid licence post-Brexit.
- More details on how to exchange your licence and how to book an appointment at your nearest NDLS centre can be found at www.ndls.ie.