If you are a Learner Permit holder or hold a full EU or full UK driving licence for less than 3 years, you will need to complete a 1-hour Ignition Driving Assessment to avail of our great value car insurance.
What do I need to do?
- Call us in Galway on 1800 332 211 or contact your broker to get a great value car insurance quote.
- Book your Ignition assessment on 1800 663 663.
- If you successfully pass Ignition you will be then eligible to proceed with your car quote.
- If you wish to proceed with your car insurance quote, you can do so by contacting us in Galway on 1800 332 211 or your broker. Your ignition result will need to be verified so please have your Ignition result email handy to confirm some of your details.
When you have successfully completed your Ignition assessment or if you have already completed the assessment, simply call us in Galway on 1800 332 211. Your ignition result will be verified and your car discount processed. You will need to have your Ignition result email handy to confirm some of your details.
Preparing for Ignition
What to expect at your Ignition assessment
Before the session starts, your instructor will give you an outline of what you need to do and answer any questions you may have.
You will drive in a variety of road and traffic conditions, which may include town or city streets, country roads and dual carriageways.
Your driving will be assessed for:
- Position Vehicle Correctly
- Vehicle Controls
- Traffic Controls
- Right of way
- React to hazard
How do I qualify?
You must have a full EU or full UK driving licence or hold an Irish Learner Permit. You must also meet the conditions laid out in our Business assumptions terms and conditions.
If you passed your test more than 5 years ago
- You must have had no accidents
- You must own a car with a maximum 1600cc engine
About other insurers
If you have private car insurance with AIB, One Direct or Ulster Bank then you are an Aviva policyholder.
If you’re not sure if you qualify or if you have any questions, please contact Aviva Driving School Ireland Limited on 1800 663 663.
How do I apply?
- Contact us on 1800 332 211 or contact your broker to get a car insurance quote and find out if you’re eligible.
- Then contact Aviva Driving School Ireland Limited on 1800 663 663 to book an assessment.
Aviva Driving School offices are open 9-5, Monday to Friday.
Note: If your policy is not held directly with Aviva, please contact your broker or One Direct, rather than our call centre.
All car insurance policies are subject to a minimum premium of €310.
Looking for more information?
Aviva Driving School
We make learning to drive an enjoyable experience with qualified instructors to guide you through each step.
Contact for eligibility
Or contact your broker for details.
As Aviva Driving School is not a financial service, it is not regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office: Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, Ireland, D18 W2P5.