In offering you an online home insurance quote, we assume the following:
- Is in a good state of repair, and will be kept in good repair at all times.
- Is secure, with locks fitted to all external doors (additional security requirements may also apply).
- Is less than 100 years old.
- Will not be left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row.
- Is your main home, occupied solely by you and/or your family.
- Is not used in any way for business purposes (including any domestic outbuildings).
- At least 75% of it consists of standard building materials, such as brick, stone or concrete with a slate or tiled roof.
- Is not located in an area particularly prone to damage by storm, flood, subsidence, heave or landslip.
- Is not a Holiday Home or a rented property.
- Is not a listed building, a period house or does not have a preservation order on it.
- Does not have ornate ceilings or plasterwork, antique fireplaces or any other unique features.
Your property’s insurance history
We assume that:
- No insurer has declined or stopped insurance on your property.
- No insurer has imposed any special terms or conditions on your property.
- Your property will be insured for an amount equal to the rebuilding cost.
Your insurance history
We assume you, and anyone else involved in this policy:
- Have never had insurance declined or stopped, or had any special terms or conditions imposed.
- Have never been declared bankrupt or been convicted or charged with an offence of any nature or have any conviction or prosecution pending.
- Have never had a flood, subsidence, heave or landslip claim or loss.
- Have not made any other claims or incurred any losses (excluding flood, subsidence, heave and landslip) in the last 3 years, whether you were insured or not.
Need to contact us?
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €230 for home (€115 for Contents or Buildings only).
2. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Price match applies to life insurance quotes only. Price match only applies to standard quotes provided by Irish Life, New Ireland, Royal London and Zurich with the same level and term of cover up to a max sum assured of €1,500,000. Does not apply to promotional offers. Terms & conditions: The above is intended as a brief summary of the product. For full details, please talk to our Direct Team on 1890 242 227. Terms, conditions and qualification criteria apply.
3. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply to our mortgage protection cover. All discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €10 per month. Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Car insurance and home insurance are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office: One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E651.