Home safety discounts
We believe you should be rewarded with lower home insurance costs when you take precautionary measures to protect your home.
No claims? Up to 40% off
Each year you don't claim on your home insurance, we'll give you a discount on your premium. And we'll keep increasing that discount up to a maximum for five or more years claims-free.
|Years of no claims||Discount on your premium|
Transferring to Aviva from another insurer? Don't worry - we'll take your claim-free years into account. If you're a first-time buyer or have no previous insurance, how does an introductory 25% discount sound? And by the way, any claims you make under our jury service benefit won't affect your no-claims discount. Not bad, eh?
Got an approved house alarm? 14.5% to 19.5% off
If you have a house alarm fitted by an approved installer, we give you a 14.5% discount on your premium. And if the alarm is monitored 24 hours a day, this discount jumps to 19.5%. Approved installers must hold a Private Security Authority (PSA) licence, and the company installing your alarm must be approved by one of the following organisations;
- The National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI)
- Management Systems Certification Ltd
- EQA Ireland
Please note: All policies with an effective date of August 1st, will receive a 12.5% alarm discount - alarm must be installed and maintained in accordance with manufacture's guidelines.
You can make further savings on your home insurance when you buy online or increase your policy excess.
Buy online? 15% off
Get a 15% discount1 straight off the bat when you buy your home insurance online with Aviva. Money off and instant access to your policy documents....what's not to like?
Increase your policy excess? Up to 11% off
Policy excess is the amount of money you will have to pay if you make a claim on your home insurance. At Aviva, we put you in control and allow you to choose how much excess you pay. For example, our standard Buildings and Content policy comes with an excess of €275. However, you can choose to accept a higher excess in exchange for an additional discount on your premium.
Sign up to Aviva Home Insurance and raise your excess to €500 today. If you'd like to increase this further to €750 or €1,000, just call our team in Galway on 1890 33 22 11 and we'll get you on the path to further savings.
Increased excess discounts:
- €500: 3.5% off
- €750: 7.5% off
- €1,000: 11% off
We reward existing customers who choose Aviva for their insurance needs.
Car and home insurance with Aviva? 15% off
Yes, you've guessed it - we're big on loyalty. That's why we give you 15% off both policies if you take out your home AND your comprehensive car insurance with Aviva. We'll even throw in a year's free travel insurance. You see? It pays to stick with us!
6% loyalty discount
Get a 6% discount on your premium if you have three or more claim-free years when you renew your home insurance with Aviva.
Looking for more information?
Need to contact us?
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Acceptance criteria, terms & conditions apply. Offer subject to minimum premium of €230 for home (€115 for Contents or Buildings only).
2. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Price match applies to life insurance quotes only. Price match only applies to standard quotes provided by Irish Life, Friends First, New Ireland, Royal London and Zurich with the same level and term of cover up to a max sum assured of €1,500,000. Does not apply to promotional offers. Terms & conditions: The above is intended as a brief summary of the product. For full details, please talk to our Direct Team on 1890 242 227. Terms, conditions and qualification criteria apply.
3. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply to our mortgage protection cover. All discounts applied are subject to a minimum premium of €15 per month. Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Car insurance and home insurance are underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC. Life and Protection Cover is underwritten by Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC.
Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office: One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E651.