In offering you an online car insurance quote, we assume the following:
You (or any person who may drive your car) driving history
- Have never been disqualified from driving*
- Have not been convicted of any offence of any nature or have any conviction pending* (this includes motoring and/or any criminal offence)
- Have no medical condition that impairs your (their) ability to drive (as outlined by the Road Safety Authority in their 'Medical Fitness to Drive Guidelines')
- Have never been refused insurance, had insurance cancelled or had any special terms imposed on Motor or Home insurance in the last 7 years
- Hold a current and valid licence to drive in the Republic of Ireland
*An individual is not required to disclose a spent conviction when supplying information on past convictions. To determine whether or not a conviction is a 'spent conviction' under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016 please visit the Irish Statute Book website.
Your insurance history
- This No Claims Discount is not in use on any other active policy (you earn the no-claims discount on each car separately if you insure more than one car and the same No Claim discount cannot be in use at the same time on more than one policy).
Your car - the car that this policy will cover
- Is not a kit car, van, car van, vans adapted to carry passengers or a vehicle used for hire or reward such as a taxi or a hackney vehicle
- Is owned by and registered in either your name or your spouse/partner
Main Driver (applicable to you)
- You are the main driver of this car and it is intended for your use
- No other driver uses this car more frequently than you
- You do not have a company vehicle or full-time use of another vehicle which you use as your main transport
- You do not insure another vehicle in your own name
- You are not the main driver of any other vehicle
- You permanently reside in the Republic of Ireland
- Is based on the policy cover start date
- Is based on you providing us with your current and valid vehicle registration number
- May include discounts which are exclusive to online customers
- Online discounts may vary from time to time for example as a result of marketing campaigns and some discounts may vary for customers who are switching to Aviva from another insurer.
Your MultiCar Discount
- Is based on you having provided the correct policy number in order to avail of the MultiCar quote.
Looking for more information?
Aviva car insurance comes with great benefits as standard, a range of optional covers and extras and there's great savings to be made if you have more than one car in your household.
Need to contact us?
Question about your policy? You can contact us by email and we’ll get back to you.
You'll find all the contact information you need here
1. Offer of 15% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €310 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice.
Car insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ireland DAC.
Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office: Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, Ireland, D18 W2P5.