Everyone knows it’s easier to be productive if you’ve got a clear, organised workspace at your fingertips. There are few things as frustrating as trying to locate that screw or measuring tape you swore you had in your hand five minutes previous. So, we hit IKEA to come up with a solution.
You might think you don’t have the space to create a brand-new workspace in your home, nor do you want to spend lots of money on a big interior project. We hear you – our DIY workbench is not only tidy and space-efficient, it’s cheap to put together too.
What you’ll need for your DIY workbench:
- A pegboard and hooks
- Containers with hooks
- A dropdown work bench
- A hammer and nails
- A screwdriver
- Jars to store your materials
- Framed photos (optional)
- Decorative plants (optional)
Note: Some of the items used in this DIY video may no longer be in stock so we’ve provided links to their best match.
Approximate cost: €79
- To begin, decide what height you would like to have your pegboard and screw it to the wall.
- Take two of your nails and hammer them into the wall where you want to hang your picture frames, ideally above your pegboard. Make sure they are far enough apart to fit them side-by-side.
- Hang your picture frames on the nails.
- Assemble your chosen drop-table and assemble as per the instructions. Place your work bench underneath your pegboard.
- Place the hooks on your pegboard and assemble your containers to store your utensils, as you want them to look.
As if your nifty little work bench wasn’t enough of a space-saver, we’ve got some expert tips for making your home feel bigger.
If this video has ignited your taste for all things DIY, have a look here at our DIY Dog Station to give your furry friend their very own chill out space.
At Aviva, we understand how important your home is to you and that’s why whether it’s gardening, painting, re-decorating or the less glamorous things like tips for safeguarding your house against bad weather, we’ll be there for you with Aviva home insurance.
Get 15% off when you buy your home insurance online*. Take out a quote today.
For home insurance, you’re safe in the hands of Aviva.