Fresh herbs are such a great way to add healthy nutrients to your diet, offering plenty of vitamins and minerals as well as adding some amazing flavours to your food. Plants and greenery in the home can also create a sense of calm and wellbeing. So why not build your own DIY herb wall?!
Before you worry that it sounds like a lot of hard work, hear us out. We’ve taken a trip online to IKEA and created a super easy, step-by-step guide to help you make a DIY herb wall.
00:00:00 Music playing in the background throughout the video
On screen: DIY Herb Wall
00:00:05 On Screen: What You’ll Need
An area in your home with shelving
Wooden holders for your herbs and plants
Assortment of your favourite herbs and plants
A watering can
Nails and a screwdriver
Decor for your shelves
00:00:14 On Screen: Step 1 - Empty your shelves
00:00:17 On Screen: Step 2 - Assemble your wooden holders (if not already assembled)
00:00:20 On Screen: Step 3 - Arrange your wooden holders as desired on your shelves
00:00:22 On Screen: Step 4 - Arrange your plants and herbs in your holders
00:00:33 On Screen: Step 5 - Add the finishing touches
00:00:41 Vide ends
What you’ll need:
- An area in your home with shelving
- Wooden holders to hold your favourite herbs and plants
- An assortment of your favourite herbs and plants
- A watering can
- Nails and a screwdriver
- Décor of your choosing for your shelves (IKEA have great options here)
Note: Some of the items used in this DIY video may no longer be in stock so we’ve provided links to their best match.
Approximate cost: €104
Steps to create a DIY herb wall:
- Once you’ve decided on the space you’re going to use to create your herb wall, make sure to clear out anything on the shelves.
- Assemble your wooden holders, or if you’ve bought different holders to us, they might already be assembled.
- Place and arrange your wooden holders as desired on your shelves.
- Get your herbs and plants and place them into the wooden holders. Arrange them however you wish – one holder of just herbs or maybe a mix of plants and herbs.
- If you have any pieces you’d like to add to your shelves to personalise them and make them come to life, add them in now.
Need somewhere to keep all those gardening tools? Well we’ve also created a cosy effective and easy-to-make work bench that’s easy to stow away while keeping all your bits and pieces together! Check it out.
At Aviva, we understand how important your home is to you and that’s why whether it’s gardening, painting, re-decorating or the less glamorous things like tips for safeguarding your house against bad weather, we’ll be there for you with Aviva home insurance.