Let’s be honest, our pets are a fluffy extension of our family… Just as we use our bedrooms and living rooms to relax, our pets deserve their own little space to chill out too.
If you’re at a loss as to what to do to create that space, then we’ve got you covered. And the best part is you don’t need to break the bank to do it.
Follow our video for a step-by-step guide to creating your very own DIY dog station, where you can store all your dog accessories, bedding and food.
What you’ll need:
- A wooden unit (depending on your measurements)
- Cushions or bedding
- Storage bins (you’ll need to one that’ll fit your wooden unit)
- Picture frame
- A hammer and nails
- A paint roller
- An allen key (check if one comes with your unit)
- A screwdriver
Note: Some of the items used in this DIY video may no longer be in stock so we’ve provided links to their best match.
Total Cost approximately: €97
- Measure the area you want to transform into your new DIY dog station and find a unit to fit (please note that the unit we’ve used in our video might not be suitable for your chosen space).
- Once you’ve chosen your unit, assemble it as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Paint your unit a colour of your choice, unless you want to leave it with its original finish. Top tip: for surfaces like this, a roller is better than a brush in terms of efficiency and a smooth finish.
- Take one of your nails and hammer it into the wall where you want to hang your picture frame, ideally above your unit.
- Screw your pet accessory holder/hooks to the wall, underneath your picture frame.
- Depending on your chosen unit, place your storage boxes into your unit and fill them up with all your pet’s belongings.
- The final step is to put down your dog’s favourite, comfy bedding and hang up their accessories…et voilà!
Got the DIY bug? Why not give our DIY herb wall a go? Not only will it create a sense of calm and wellbeing in your home, it’s also great for your diet!
At Aviva, we understand how important your home is to you and that’s why whether it’s gardening, painting, re-decorating or the less glamorous things like tips for safeguarding your house against bad weather, we’ll be there for you with Aviva home insurance.
Get 15% off when you buy your home insurance online. Take out a quote today.1