There are many ways to justify changing your car but sometimes it is not simply a choice rather there comes a point when your long-suffering vehicle just can’t be expected to go on writes Geraldine Herbert
- Your mechanic knows you by name – Costly repairs are the first sign that you may need a new set of wheels. Generally, if your monthly car maintenance expenses are beginning to exceed the cost of a new car payment then it makes financial sense to consider your options.
- Your car has failed the NCT - More than half the cars tested by the NCT fail and that can result in anything from a new tyre to the car needing to be scrapped. A serious fail requiring costly repairs or expensive parts is a sign that it may be time to part company.
- You are spending more time at service stations - Poor fuel economy is one of the signs that you need a new car.
- It no longer meets your needs - Has the size of your family changed? Maybe your two-seater convertible is no longer appropriate for your growing family? There are many factors in your life that force you to re-evaluate what you need from your vehicle and help you determine whether or not you need to replace your existing one.
- It’s unreliable – If every time you go on a long journey you have to worry about making it back home safely, is it worth it?
- Your friends and family no longer want a lift - If your friends and family members are refusing to take a lift with you and even your children would rather walk to school it might be time to look at your options.
When you take the big step to get a new car, it’s important you give it the best protection you can. Phone us on 1890 33 22 11 to find the perfect insurance for your car.