Sticky toffee pudding
- 175g self-raising flour
- 100g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 125ml full fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g butter, melted
- 180g pitted dates, finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 150g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 25g unsalted butter, chopped
- 400ml boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5. Grease and butter a 1.5L capacity baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and the muscovado sugar.
- Pour the milk into a measuring jug and add the egg, vanilla extract and melted butter. Beat together with a fork to combine well. Pour this mixture over the sugar and flour and stir to combine. Fold in the dates.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. To create the sauce, sprinkle the muscovado sugar over the pudding and dot with the butter. Pour over the boiling water and transfer to the oven without stirring. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the pudding is spongy and has a rich sauce underneath.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, cream or custard.
Per Serving: 350kcals, 9.1g fat (5.3g saturated), 63.9g carbs (44.7g sugars), 4.2g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.07g sodium
#Simonsays, we’re giving away some €200 Perx gift cards to help cover the cost of your Christmas dinner food shop. Head over to our Facebook now to see how you can enter the competition. Good luck!
Did you know, that with Aviva home insurance your contents cover automatically increases by 10% through the month of December? Get your quote today.
Just in case that wasn’t enough, we have even more recipes to bring a taste of Christmas this year… if you have a sweet tooth prepare to get very excited!